"Baby Pouch"

Options
Ok, MFP MOMS. I have got the super obnoxious little pouch that hangs down from the extra skin. I'm pretty sure that there is no fat in it seeing as it hangs straight down, but I can't get rid of it!!! Any advice on what I can do, aside from a tummy tuck which I can't afford. I think it's all skin an just wish it would go away. I can see the results of my hard work a little, but would be much happier with them if I could judge what my actually BELLY looks like, instead of my belly and then the pouch below it. :(

Extra skin. YUCK.

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Shapewear. Learn to love it.
  • Willow_28
    Options
    I would def be interested to know what other women have done as well... I have the same lovely pouch and I agree with you... its a pain...
  • jtsmith34
    jtsmith34 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have it too! I hate it so much! I have no advice for you, but hopefully someone does.
  • abirdy
    Options
    I have the same isue.. I find I like the way I look till I look down and see all the tummy that I can't get rid off.
  • FabulousKP
    FabulousKP Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying it's permanent, but I think it's close to impossible to get rid of without surgery. I only say this because I have one and it's not going anywhere and I have a friend who is like 99.9% in perfect shape...teaches aerobics and strength training 4 days a week, runs her *kitten* off, etc. and she had to have surgery to get rid of a measly 3 1/2lbs of that "skin". =(
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'd like to see what everyone has to say because I'm in the same boat after 2 kids...
  • GeodeMom
    Options
    Gosh I wish someone would have an answer to this because I have the SAME problem as you you fabulous ladies!
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    apparently you can get laser stuff to help with loose skin. Eventually it may tighten back up by itself depending on how bad it is. You need to be using moisturizer ect on it.

When did you have your baby?

It also depends how long it has been like that for. A lot of obese people will need to have their skin removed because of the amount of time it spent being stretched where as you are only big for a few months in pregnancy.

I am pretty sure if I hadn't put on weight mine would of reduced by now but instead i filled my loose skin out with fat
  • Ritala1987
    Ritala1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i have it too, the skin is stretched and needs toning, so toning exersises ect...but it takes time and heaps of it unfortunatley. also rapid weight loss can make it worse...oh and moisturise thoroughly and frequently!!! :)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me even more happy with my decision to NOT have kids!! LOL!
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    I googled this earlier today and read that it can go away, but it can also take upto 2 years to get rid of it with diet, exercise and firming lotions/creams. Totally sucks, but I guess if we don't have the money for a tummy tuck we just have to keep working on our core. Planks, push-ups, sit-ups and squats were recommended in the article I read.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I asked this question a few weeks ago and the answer is not what I (you, we) was looking for. :( It all depends on how long you have had the excess skin. For me, I've had 4 kids all via c-section. My oldest is 15.5 and the baby is 2.

Now, I've lost 43 lbs in 79 days and I've seen my tummy get smaller; but it's still there. My abs are becoming much more defined; but I don't think that it'll go away on it's own without a tuck.

I will not have surgery, not something that I'd do. My hubby said that it's not a big deal to him, after all I carried his babies in that tummy and I should be proud of what I was able to do. Me on the other hand, will never be able to wear a bikini and I'm okay with that. I can hide it with spanks and cover it up to where it's not noticeable; but it still bothers me.
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    My pants would fit perfect if it wasn't for that pouch! Its quite the nuisance!!
  • vkahlenberg
    vkahlenberg Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The only natural way that I know of is to get your body fat percentage down to a fairly "slim" level. My "baby pouch" is finally pretty much gone now that I'm at a BMI of 19.5. The stretch marks are still there but the hangy pouch is gone. It might not seem like there is fat in there, but there is, and it is dead weight on that loose skin. Skin alone is like what you can pinch on the back of your hand. I'm sorry to say that it takes a long time to get rid of... lots of time and dedication to getting slim. :-/ Hope that helped.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    At 5'5" and 119 lbs my poochy hasn't gone anywhere. So, yeah..... good luck. Let us know if you figure that out.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me even more happy with my decision to NOT have kids!! LOL!

Your comment makes me what to smack you. :flowerforyou:
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options

I would have rather have six tummies and my kids, than a flat tummy and live my life without them. My "flap" no longer flaps. it's still a little loose, but it doesn't fall anymore. The more exercise I do, the firmer the muscles behind it get and they are pulling it in. It will come, ladies. But it takes a ton of work.
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Your comment makes me what to smack you. :flowerforyou:

This is what I really wanted to say. Thanks for saying it!!
  • apparently you can get laser stuff to help with loose skin. Eventually it may tighten back up by itself depending on how bad it is. You need to be using moisturizer ect on it.

When did you have your baby?

It also depends how long it has been like that for. A lot of obese people will need to have their skin removed because of the amount of time it spent being stretched where as you are only big for a few months in pregnancy.

I am pretty sure if I hadn't put on weight mine would of reduced by now but instead i filled my loose skin out with fat

I got pregnant with my first in March of 07. I gave birth to my third in July of 10. So, three kids in 3.5 years put quite a strain on my body. It's been just a pouch for a long time. I've had weight (dropped 40 in 4 months) pushing on it a LITTLE, but the weight has always been HIGHER. I just want it gone. I can wear a medium shirt now (instead of an XL) but I'm constantly tugging it down because that little pouch hangs down. *No, I can't tuck it into my jeans because it's so uncomfortable.* I was hoping someone had some tips for firming up the skin and helping it reduce itself.