new beginnings

Options
Hello everyone, I just joined today. I have tried many diets before with varing results, this time I am trying to make a lifestyle change. I have to make this one work. i am diabetic and an RN so i understand the consequences of not getting healthy. I have never joind a message board and am hoping that if I set myself up a support system it might make the difference of this lifestyle change being a success this time. i would love to get to know others and how they are making out in their journey

Cheers to everyone also making a difference in their lives.:wink:

Replies

• JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    i am diabetic as well. I like that you can set up your food diary to add sugars and keep track of it. It has helped me maintain a healthy BGL. Good luck with this.
  • brich73
    Options
    Good for you! I just joined a month ago, and I've lost only three pounds, but that is mostly due to not committing to tracking everything on a daily basis. My health concern is high cholesterol for which I'm supposed to be on Lipitor for the rest of my life. But giving myself an honest assessment, I realized that I could stand to lose a few pounds (30-50) and if I changed my lifestyle, then I could dump the medicine. Hope you have much success and enjoy the journey.