Exercise Bikes

Options
Hi everyone. I'm looking to buy an exercise bike. What kind do you guys have? Do you love it? If so, why?

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,121 Member
    Options
    Have you used them before? If you haven't, be sure to try them out in a gym for example.

I've used exercise bikes in hotel gyms and at my parents' house and I've discovered that upright exercise bikes are torture for me :tongue: If I ever wanted to buy an exercise bike, it would have to be a recumbent one.
  • gonoles9987
    gonoles9987 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Have you used them before? If you haven't, be sure to try them out in a gym for example.

I've used exercise bikes in hotel gyms and at my parents' house and I've discovered that upright exercise bikes are torture for me :tongue: If I ever wanted to buy an exercise bike, it would have to be a recumbent one.

Yes I've used them before. I don't like the upright exercise bikes either.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    If I were to get specifically a stationary bike I'd get a spin bike. I have a road bike that I ride outside and for inclimate weather I have a smart trainer that I mount it to for indoor stationary rides.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm looking to buy an exercise bike. What kind do you guys have? Do you love it? If so, why?

Rather than an exercise bike I use an indoor trainer with my road bike. This gives me the ability to maintain my cycling fitness over the winter and ride my bike outdoors when the weather co-operates. Best of both worlds.

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    I have a Nordic Track recumbent bike. I like it because it is easy to use and I get a good workout. I dislike the fact that my legs go numb after about 40 minutes. Something about the angle, I think. I usually ride it for 40-60 minutes and then I have to get on the TM to get feeling back in my legs.
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have a Schwinn recumbent bike. Very comfortable. My daughter has shared her Peloton app with me and I do a lot of cycling workouts.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    I thought I wanted a Peleton or similar. When I went to the shop, the salesman asked me to reconsider. He told me I’d be much happier with a recumbent, and gave me a list of reasons why, including that it would be less painful ultimately.

As it turns out, he was right. I love my recumbent and use it regularly. Turns out I loath spin class, so am very very grateful I followed his advice.