Any other bone on bone arthritis suffers

Options
About 2.5 years ago I woke up and my knees were so bad - on the past a few sore days but they quickly got so bad I swore I tore something. Nope went to an orthopedic Dr and he asked how I've been managing - they were bone on bone - on warfin for heart valve so not a great replacement candidate.
Looking for others to share what exercises help

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    Ask your doctor about hyaluron (sp?) shots. My husband did those for his knee and the pain went away for about a year. Then he did it again. Same with a friend. Eventually both ended up needing a knee replacement, but it gave them time to be active without the surgery.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,830 Member
    Options
    Not much you can do if you arent a replacement candidate for long term results. Shots but that will be temporary. It comes down to pain management
  • desertruby777
    desertruby777 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am bone on bone also. Was looking into motorized help. Weight loss has helped a lot. Building up the muscles that support the knee is most important you can find exercises on you tube. Always wear good cushioned shoes. I am a candidate for knee replacement but have refused it for the last 5 years. Pilates has been so beneficial for me. I can walk much farther before I have to rest the knees. Thats how I manage.
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I had bone on bone also and found that biking, either with a spin class or a real bike ride (30 minutes a day) really helped me. Cortisone shots helped me for awhile, but biking was better. Ultimately the only cure is knee replacement surgery (done in January).
  • sgtpeper
    sgtpeper Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Agree with CrazyMermaid1. I had tied everything. For a while cortisone worked, holistic injections worked, but after a few years needed to have knee replacement. The pain I had experienced was worse than the operation itself.