Can’t edit food

Options
Website says sorry it can’t process and to try again later.
So frustrating people enter foods into the database and they’re incomplete or just wrong.
Knowing fiber content matters to me so finding I’m under my fiber allowance when I know I have eaten enough is frustrating to find most of my food hasn’t captured more than the calories, protein, fat and carbs. I usually scan the barcodes so I’m finding that most of the barcodes are incomplete. And myfitnesspal won’t let me correct them.
Can it be edited in the app? Or just the webpage browser? Currently not working though.

Best Answer

Answers

• zombieagain
    zombieagain Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    same issue. I contacted support a few days ago. I provided extra details to the automated email but no word from support and the issue is still there...
  • celyoneill
    celyoneill Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. If only people would make sure that what they enter is correct then we wouldn't have to update their mistakes.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    Ditto. It's been a least three or four days since I've been able to edit a food via the website. I get a pop-up error telling me to try again later.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    It's been this way for weeks now on my end :(
  • the_auroran
    the_auroran Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Still having this problem today. I have been getting this error message when trying to correct entries for at least a couple weeks. Am finding many of the checked entries entered this year are incorrect as well. It is not very helpful in tracking your intake if the data is wrong!
  • celyoneill
    Options
    Still happening. Since we are all having the same problem then it must be the site.
  • celyoneill
    Options
    Problem is still happening. Can you please fix it for us? I'm sick of just having to add the calories for each item that has the incorrect data.
  • raleightomusamyfitnesspal
    Options
    There was an error processing your request. Try again later. <== All in red bar for 2 seconds

Same thing whether changing an item or adding an item. Happened numerous times this month November 2023.

Also, data base seems to be having serious problems in the meals (lunch,, dinner, breakfast, snacks) vs all meals and recent vs frequent. The contents of these list changes from day to day.
  • klkl10
    klkl10 Posts: 40 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I suddenly don't have an edit button to edit food entries. This is the first time I've encountered not seeing an edit button for my food entries I've created.

I don't see an Edit Button on Firefox (PC) or Edge (PC).
  • klkl10
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Any updates? Ok, I've submitted a help request.
  • klkl10
    edited November 2023
    Options
    This must be a new change or something is bugged. Why even select the option to add food to database then if I can't keep the items I create updated by editing them? That's the reason I create my own items, to make sure they're not outdated like a lot of items are in the database (at least when I catch that they're outdated).
  • klkl10
    Options
    I've been told the option to edit items shared with the database has been removed. I asked why, let's see if they respond.
  • rustyshackleton1990
    Options
    I reported this problem to the MFP support email on 2nd October, and answered their full (mostly irrelevant) question list on 9th October. I've not heard anything since.

The only change I've seen, as others have mentioned, is that they've removed the edit button on the website under food > database. You can still reach the same edit screen if you go via adding a food,
    and click the button that says 'no' to is it accurate... but the error still occurs.

It's very disappointing that MFP don't seem to think that this is an important thing to fix. I'm really motivated by the data I build up in MFP and understanding what I'm actually consuming, so I want accurate data... and now I can't even fix the problems caused by people who don't understand weights and measures or how to accurately enter nutritional information.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Same. Was using desktop.
    d0npbwfg8fib.png
  • justbecaz44
    justbecaz44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem, also can't set my goal for calories. How do I get my money back for Premium since this app doesn't work.
  • celyoneill
    Options
    Site seems to be breaking down with this plus our meals names that we chose keep reverting back to the original.
  • MaxxRancor
    MaxxRancor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    one more post for the "why cant i change wrong nutrition information?"
  • klkl10
    Options
    I've been told they removed that feature. Why? They didn't say.

Currently unable to save meals on desktop as well.
  • celyoneill
    Options
    I'm dumb founded how the ones who create the food finds the calories to put in. I just logged something and the calories were 30 more then it should be.