shouldn't I be saying goodbye to fat pants?!

Options
I have said hello to my "fat jeans" today. :/

Great disappointment.

I don't know how to get back into my healthy lifestyle again.
For goodness sakes, I get out of breath walking up stairs!

:(

Replies

• JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    I know what you mean people look at you funny when you lay down on the stairs half way up because you need a nap to finish the flight. been there :(
  • sfinsterys
    sfinsterys Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Do you have someone here to be accountable to? It helps me not to eat that extra chocolate if I'll have to report it to my weight loss buddy. It helps if you can find someone to exercise with, too.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean people look at you funny when you lay down on the stairs half way up because you need a nap to finish the flight. been there :(

:laugh: :laugh:
  • m012192
    Options
    :( i really wish I could lose this 30 lbs i gained =S
  • alebalestra
    alebalestra Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I lost 43 pounds in one year, I am 54 years old, and had thyroid cancer and thyroid removal 6 years ago. If I can, you can! You are so young and it is easy to go to the gym, walk... you live in Chicago, it is a beautiful city to walk (before winter starts!), eat well. It is a lot of people here who share their diary... look at them and try to inspire when it is time to eat. Good luck!!!
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    I have said hello to my "fat jeans" today. :/

Great disappointment.

I don't know how to get back into my healthy lifestyle again.
    For goodness sakes, I get out of breath walking up stairs!

:(

I find it dangerous to keep my fat clothes. Get rid of them as soon as you go down to the next size!
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I had medical issues and gained 40 pounds. Nothing has worked until I found this site. I don't feel deprived, I feel like I actually know what I am doing for the first time in my life as far as dieting goes and it has just changed my out look from no matter what I do to oh my, I can do this and it is working. I am taking the steady 1 pound a week loss and so far I am on track. It took me five years to gain it so I don't expect to get it off in five weeks. And remember, if you mess up today, tomorrow is a new day. I have also read on these blogs that some folks take cheat days so they don't get burned out and I think that is a good idea. Mind you, the folks talking about the cheat days have lost huge amounts of weight so I listen to their advice. Good Luck
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    i have been battling my weight for 20 years. lose 5, gain 10. again and again. have babies, keep baby fat. lose 5 gain 10 and so on and so forth.

tried diets
    tried exercise
    tried both together
    finally tried mfp and changed my eating-not a diet, a forever change. and found exercise I love. finally succeeding. it can be done. and I feel awesome.