Body Composition query

Options
TheGetFitGal
TheGetFitGal Posts: 98 Member
edited October 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
My focus is on fixing my body composition more than losing weight. Can someone help me read this report and analyse and let me know what goals I should have based on this data

Stats- My height is 5.3 “

Thank You so much in advance!!

b8mckvk4fl1a.jpeg

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Do you have a goal body fat in mind? Here are some examples.

m598pzlxvnch.png

Obviously, for reducing from 41% BF, you will have to lose weight. You'll want to also retain/increase muscle while you're doing so, so look into a progressive lifting program.

Here's a reputable protein calculator:

https://examine.com/nutrition/protein-intake-calculator/

I shoot for 500 calories of exercise per day, and when I achieve that, using the MFP default of 20% protein aligns with the protein grams recommendation from Examine. If I were completely sedentary, I'd need to bump it up to 30%.
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    in order to improve your body composition you will want to lose body fat and the only way to do that is to have a deficit. You can weight train body weight 3 times a week to maintain and possibly gain a little muscle while you lose fat...as women gaining muscle is slower than for men. it is more efficent in general to focus on one activity at a time...fat loss or muscle gain...i would suggest aiming to lose 5-10kg over 3 months while weight lifting
    and reevalate your goals at that point
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Because I've never pursued a good composition, (I'm now 73, just interested in general health), I can't help you at all. I read on MFP all the time that you should start building muscle immediately. I'm sure someone here can help. Have you looked for lifting groups or challenges? Probably lots of info there.