When you screw up and eat a piece of bread and your brain tells you, great you fat *kitten*....

Options
You've done it again and your going to die fat with a huge belly forever, but you perservere and log it into myfitnesspal because you know keeping up the habit helps your weightloss enormously, suddenly your not feeling the weight of the outcome you sentenced yourself too a minute ago "a lifetime of obesity and misery" suddenly, it's a piece of bread with 400 calories and 57 g of carbs. Not bad, I'll go throw the chicken in the crockpot and do a couple things differently the rest of the day and theres a good chance i can end the day within my calorie goal. Myfitnesspal is such an important tool to reframe "hopeless, your doomed, futile, impossible, failure, you are broken and can never be fixed and dont have willpower " into "realistic, within reach, work in progress, keep going, hopeful, teachable moment, you can redeem yourself today, you dont have to wait to start all over". For me my biggest enemy is MY BRAIN and my thoughts and I often don't even realize how toxic my brain is until I log my food and I'm like girl.......... THATS NOT A BIG DEAL. WE GOT THIS. I've decided today my only long term habit I want to develop, that I am going to start giving myself a sticker for everyday I do, is MFP, a tool for redemption and an antidote to DOOM.

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    This is what you have to realize---food is just...food. It is not evil, it is not good or bad. Just log consistently and try to stay within your goals everyday. Success will come.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Love this!

I think as we settle into longer term weightloss the food that surrounds us tends to be better for us and less calorific so even if we have what we perceive to be a slip up it’s so much easier to course correct.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    Is MFP logging helping you? I can’t answer that as I don’t know you. Perhaps it isn’t right now and you need something else?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    A piece of bread is 400 calories? What kind of bread are you eating?

I found prelogging my food helped.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,617 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    A piece of bread is 400 calories? What kind of bread are you eating?

I found prelogging my food helped.

I'm guessing it was 2 slices of bread... with something put between them. A sandwich, he probably ate a sandwich. But all that matters is if the calories were correct. Call it unicorn chow if you want.