Trying Again

Options
HrRoses76
HrRoses76 Posts: 10 Member
It’s been a while. It’s been a rough year for me medically. I had Covid, then a pneumothorax then a hysterectomy. Needless to say I was unable to exercise for a good portion of 8 months and ate too much of what I shouldn’t because I was depressed and stressed. I gained back the 14.5 pounds that took me a long time to lose.

I am starting to feel better and decided starting today I am going to eat better and try to get regular exercise. Wish me luck please. I have a terrible sweet tooth and am/was a glass of wine most nights person. So far so good today on nutrition and am at the gym during my lunch break.

Replies

• MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I wish you luck, but you don't need it-- you got this. You've done it before and you know what it takes.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,969 Member
    Options
    Hello! I had a hysterectomy last year and very high appetite, which all my providers thought was due to the surgery. However, I learned here on the MFP forums that my anti-depressant, Remeron, is associated with increased appetite. It's actually prescribed to cancer patients to increase appetite >.<

Many other anti-depressants are associated with appetite increase as well.

I'm back on Wellbutrin, which is a mild appetite suppressant for me.

:flowerforyou:
  • kiteflyer105
    kiteflyer105 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi, You have been through a lot lately. I hope you accomplish all of the goals you have set for yourself. Thank you for sharing your story. Good luck.
  • HrRoses76
    HrRoses76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, You have been through a lot lately. I hope you accomplish all of the goals you have set for yourself. Thank you for sharing your story. Good luck.

Thank you so much. It’s been a very difficult year. I’m not 100% of where I was before all of this, but I’m doing my best. I hope you are well.

• evileyefirefly
    evileyefirefly Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    HrRoses76 wrote: »
    It’s been a while. It’s been a rough year for me medically. I had Covid, then a pneumothorax then a hysterectomy. Needless to say I was unable to exercise for a good portion of 8 months and ate too much of what I shouldn’t because I was depressed and stressed. I gained back the 14.5 pounds that took me a long time to lose.

I am starting to feel better and decided starting today I am going to eat better and try to get regular exercise. Wish me luck please. I have a terrible sweet tooth and am/was a glass of wine most nights person. So far so good today on nutrition and am at the gym during my lunch break.

Sucks you've had a rough year. I'm glad you're working to get back on track, I know it's a challenge. I also have had a terrible sweet tooth my whole life. I've found that if I get enough protein and water my sweet tooth is nowhere near as bad. I also find if I'm bored I tend to have the cravings more, so staying busy in whatever way can help as well. Good luck on your journey.
  • scavonedan
    scavonedan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is a lot to handle and honestly my first reaction was worrying about weight loss (of around 14.5 lbs) should be the least of your worries. Keeping en eye on diet and health is a good thing to keep your mind off of everything else. Stay positive and I hope you have someone close that can help you along. Strength in numbers.

I hope from this point forward everything is in your favor. No more bad stuff!