Has anyone have had issues logging recipes?

Options
I am trying log a recipe and im getting an error message. I have trying pasting the recipe and manually typing it in and im still getting a code.

Best Answer

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 726 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I am truly sorry for any issues you are having with creating recipes in the app. If you could please visit: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or send us an email to support@myfitnesspal.com for further help on this.

While you wait, you should be able to access the program via our main site at www.myfitnesspal.com and create your recipes from there.

Answers

• Pandarus623
    Pandarus623 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, I came here to ask this question. Frustrating as much of what I eat is something I cook -- and I usually make things up as I go along. Glad it's not just me and hopefully someone will come along with a solution.
  • Lizajayne23
    Lizajayne23 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I’m having the same issue. It’s especially frustrating because I have just returned to logging and things I know I would have entered aren’t coming up. This app has really gone downhill. ☹️
  • RossCarolyn
    RossCarolyn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm just noticing this problem today - can't save my recipe. I took the tech advice and tried on the website but that won't save either.
  • Alliequestrian
    Alliequestrian Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    As of yesterday (Oct 18) I can't SAVE a recipe on browser or android app when I include the link to the recipe.

Workaround is to just input the ingredients manually. Don't include link or autofill ingredients.

MyFitnessPal this is particularly annoying as you don't provide the ability to manually enter cooking instructions.
  • skay412
    skay412 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not exactly the same problem, but related. In August, I got this reply from Jean the Admin regarding how to use a recipe within a recipe:

Also, please see https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032622771-How-can-I-use-a-recipe-as-an-ingredient-in-a-new-recipe for more information on how to add a recipe into a new recipe.

The solution worked great and now it doesn't work at all. Half the time I can't even find food that I've entered. Also ... I've tried this on both my desktop (i.e., logging into website) and via app on my iPhone and neither works. Also have the issue with recently used food.
  • MarlenaPMorrison2024
    Options
    I'm having this issue, too. It makes the website unusable. I can't meal plan at all.