Abdominal Fluid Retention

Options
Hi Community,

What are your tips to combat fluid retention? I’m eager to hear them! Are there any products or supplements you swear by?

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,262 Member
    Options
    Drink more water.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    See a doctor. Extreme water retention is nor normal, especially in the abdominal area (ascites????)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Drink more water.
    This. To release water, drink more.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    See a doctor. Extreme water retention is nor normal, especially in the abdominal area (ascites????)

I agree with this, if you're being accurate in your description. Normal, healthy water retention tends to be either whole body (widespread), or localized in specific areas that have been through a recent challenging workout.

If you're experiencing localized abdominal water retention, that's potentially an indicator of a seriously worrisome health condition A problem is not for sure, but a thing you absolutely should evaluate with expert medical help. Don't mess around with this.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    See a doctor especially if this has come on suddenly.
  • susannagrilli1351
    Options
    I have seen a doctor. It’s either hormonal or coeliac…being investigated.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,123 Member
    Options
    I have seen a doctor. It’s either hormonal or coeliac…being investigated.

Since you have seen your doctor and she/he has things they are looking into, messing around with some sort of supplement doesn't sound like a wise idea. Take the advise to drink more water (within reason), and see what the tests show before trying to find some other solution.