I’m on the shot and eating 70- 100 grams of protein a day, working out 60 minutes, and diary

Options
meagan0126
meagan0126 Posts: 1 Member
edited October 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
I haven’t lost any weight yet, I am still trying to find new recipes and ideas to incorporate protein and all my vitamins for the day. Let me know what your doing? I’ve cut out breads too.

I’m on the shot and eating 70- 100 grams of protein a day, working out 60 minutes, and diary 4 votes

Protein powder, yogurt, and fruits
100%
makanacapellocullenMellouk89syddittCats_fitness_journey 4 votes
Spinach salad with veggies and cottage cheese
0%
Ahi tuna seared
0%
Salmon
0%
Kale chips
0%

Replies

• sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Nice! My food goal is 100+ grams of protein and 25grams of fiber a day. I get protein in my half and half, cereal milk, Greek yogurt, and hard boiled eggs. I grill chicken breasts on Sunday and chop them up for lunches and snacks during the week along with canned garbanzo beans and black beans. Nuts are also great. I try to make a protein shake the last resort if I’m just not going to make my numbers.
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm on high fat/low carb; I don't eat grains, added sugars, or starchy fruits & veggies. I do try to get around 100 g. of protein per day.

My main meal is usually a large portion of meat (beef, poultry, pork, or fish, I eat a variety), with a couple servings of veggie on the side.

Eggs help me, I eat a lot of eggs 3-6 per day, occasionally more). If you're worried about the fat just ditch some or all of the yolks but half the protein is in the yolks. I like whisking a couple raw eggs and butter or coconut oil into boiling hot coffee to make my breakfast drink.

If I find myself falling behind in protein for the day there is always canned chicken breast, tuna fish, or sardines as a snack to boost the protein.

I love unsweetened dairy too, like cottage cheese or yogurt, but due to the carbs I eat them a little more sparingly.

Same with nuts & seeds and unsweetened nut butters, they're good for a little protein boost though.
  • Cats_fitness_journey
    Options
    I eat 140+ g of protein a day, most of my protein comes from meat and dairy. I also eat at least 1 scoop of protein powder a day! To get my protein I mainly eat:

-Reduced fat milk (higher in protein than whole milk)

-fat free Greek yogurt (18g per 90 calories very high protein)

-chicken

-eggs

-whey/casein protein powder

-protein bar as dessert

I usually eat these everyday, they keep me full for hours!! Overall I eat a lot of dairy and poultry.
  • Fattyohfat
    Fattyohfat Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    When I am short protein I am a big fan of hard boiled eggs, and Ensure MAx Protein™.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,969 Member
    Options
    What does "on the shot" mean?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,597 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    What does "on the shot" mean?

I was confused, too. I think OP means Ozempic or Wegovy type injections.

Such a limited menu. I eat whatever I want, but I weigh and eat within my calorie goal.

Instead of thinking limitations, choose what you enjoy eating and then play Tetris with it. Pre-logging helps me immensely.

I’d proffer up my open diary for examples, but we did the apple farms circuit Wednesday, and are traveling today. I always eat heavy on flight days, for whatever reason. 😂. So calories are yo-yo this week, and I’m fine with that. I gots as giant fluffy loaf of apple bread in my carry on and a dozen cider donuts in my bag to take to family. 👍🏻
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,969 Member
    Options
    Oh, Ozempic or Wegovy type injections makes sense, thanks @springlering62!

Meagan, if you're not losing weight it likely means you haven't yet given it enough time or you have not created a calorie deficit. How long has it been?

lt9mqcqajygo.png