30 day shred - day 1

Options
Ouch! Am I the only one who had a really hard time getting through those 20 mins??? I had to rest a lot more than Jillian would have allowed!

Replies

• beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    It gets easier, but I remember thinking that I wanted to die on day 1. I am blogging about my experience. I just finished day 9 if you would like to read.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    No .. the 1st day is always the hardest. About day 7 you'll be a pro! :wink:
  • heybrit
    heybrit Posts: 140
    Options
    I felt the same way when I did day one last night. Too much rest but I'm sure our bodies will adjust as we progress :)
  • jtsmith34
    jtsmith34 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Me! I did it yesterday and I'm hurting today. Good luck!
  • donnaeve8
    donnaeve8 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yes, but when you get to the part when you can do alll of the push-ups, you'll feel great!

I made it halfway through level 2 and then found I couldn't get up early enough to do it anymore. I really need to get started on it again!
  • fairygirl716
    Options
    hubby only made it through 10 min and felt sick for hours. I did the entire time and I'm feeling it now....did it 530 this morning and it is now 9 at night.

But, we will push through again tomorrow and succeed!
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I started day 1 today too!

I found the cardio bits really easy, but the strength... my gosh, the strength.

Already I am struggling to lift my cup of tea to my mouth, so tomorrow's pushups are gonna suck.
  • sarahtroupe
    Options
    :smile: LOL IT REALLY GETS EASY:) JUST KEEP ON PUSHING! GOOD LUCK TO U ON UR JOURNEY!!!
  • shrimpboatcaptn13
    Options
    I just bought it today. I'm going to start tonight! Wish me luck LOL ;)
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options
    Yep :) When I first bought it a few months ago I lasted about 5 minutes and said forget it lol. I ended up doing it every day for about a week and just quit. I am back on it and am on day 8. I must be pretty out of shape because it is still hard, but I make it through every day with no breaks. The best part about it is by time the end comes, I feel like I can do even more. I am so full of energy! I have seen pictures of some really great results so I plan on sticking to it. You will be fine once you do it a few times. It is rough, but like Jillian says, if she is going to make big promises, she has to work you to get those results. Good luck with it, add me for support if you would like :)
  • kelley1006
    kelley1006 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a question about the 30 day shred. I hurt my knee about 10 days ago and have limited exercise since. How hard is this program on your knees. Please let me know I am so missing my exercise that I have gotten used to.
  • ElizabethObviously
    Options
    I have had this DVD for a long time but never had the nerve to try it *whimpers*
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I did day one today too, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Question, what weight hand weights is everyone using?
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend doing it with a knee injury...it'll shred your knees especially those jumping jack and butt kicks and squats and lunges...oh hell, everything but the abs! Ya I would wait to do it.

I found after day 1 I was in big pain; I couldn't believe that it would be possible to do this 10 days in a row, let alone 30 days getting progressively harder with each level. Day 2 I was hating life but I did it. Day 3 I just felt like an as*hole. "dear god what am I doing to myself?!?!". Day 4...the pain had subsided and I could do it. Day 5 6 7, I knew I had this. Days 8 9 10, definite increase in endurance and strength and ability to do the workout with no breaks. I still don't feel like I have level one mastered but hey, it's time to move to level 2 tomorrow! And everyone says it's much the same; destroys u on day 1 then you're in the groove by day 4-5 and on to level 3. You'll be fine just push through the pain; if you truly injure yourself you'll know about it but you won't, no worries. Just stick with Anita!
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I did day one today too, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Question, what weight hand weights is everyone using?

Started at 2 moved into 5
  • terihaddad
    terihaddad Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That makes me feel better...thanks!

As for weights, I'm using 5s...they're all I have or else I'd probably use 2s!
  • shrimpboatcaptn13
    Options
    Just finished the first day level one. I am sweating buckets! I did it. Now 29 days left LOL :)
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    That makes me feel better...thanks!

As for weights, I'm using 5s...they're all I have or else I'd probably use 2s!

I am using 2.5s, but I thought about moving up to 5s. I guess I will see how the first week goes and take it from there.
  • ekusumo
    ekusumo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I want to join in! But I can't get a hold of her DVD here in Indonesia :(
    And I don't think I can purchase a digital version online. Please do let me know if I can!
  • Deadbeat13
    Options
    D: i am just about to go start day 1 now.
    this shall be interesting.