What is your favorite high protein frozen meal?

Options
I’m needing something I can make quickly that actually tastes good? Let me know your favorites.

Replies

• MrValro2019
    MrValro2019 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    My favorite meal prep is oven made chicken breast about 5 chicken breast’s. Season with salt and pepper be generous. Put on tray make sure tray has olive oil and shove in oven for 400 for 30minutes. 10 minutes before it’s done take out chicken and stab the breasts with fork (helps to cook the center) then put it back in for the remainder timeframe.
    in another tray add olive oil to it and put a layer of broccoli. Cook until chicken is done. On a pan make Jazmine rice I get named brand as it is used for carbs. Last as a blend for seasoning. Get the G Hughes Thai chili sauce. And just add over. OMG I swear I’ve been eating that same meal for 2 months now.
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I take a frozen steak out of the freezer, sprinkle on a seasoning blend I made (salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin), and throw it in my air fryer for about 20 minutes. I'll also throw in some frozen veggies, or grab some salad (I go to the store a couple times per week for fresh produce & come home and make a big garden salad for the next 3 days or so that we all grab at will).

That's my favorite, but I also do it with burger patties (add cheese).
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,939 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I'm a meat eater. I usually have enough veggies and fruit to round out a meal, sometimes canned, but must have meat. I just saw a recipe using 1 can of chicken, 1 egg, whatever onions, garlic, spices, etc, you like and have available, shape it like chicken fingers or bites, roll in flour or bread crumbs, and fry or bake to warm through and cook egg and flour. I haven't tried it yet, but I bought a can of chicken. It sounds like a good backup plan to me.
    Not frozen but quick, easy, and high protein.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I don’t do frozen pre-made meals, I keep bags of frozen grilled chicken, vegetables and rice/pasta on hand. Scoop what you want from each bag, top with some kind of sauce and microwave. Less than 10 minutes from opening the freezer door to having dinner ready to go.
  • msmettalife9824
    msmettalife9824 Posts: 9 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Grass fed, lean roast beef cooked in 1/2 cup water with root veggies is a low fat/ high protein meal that allows me to weigh out the beef while topping with the veggie sauce/ not gravy at the bottom of the pan. Delicious and satisfying. You can freeze the cooked beef and whip up a quick cabbage/ carrot salad or quick steam veggies to accompany.

I have also bought frozen Health Choice meals, picking the lowest carb ones. They have steamers with even lower calories. Meals are delicious and low salt, fat. Taught me to portion control using those. Best wishes.
  • Fattyohfat
    Fattyohfat Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I make 4 dozen meat balls(3 lbs of ground meat) then throw them on a tray and freeze them. Next day I bundle them up into 4oz portions and vac seal.
  • loulee997
    loulee997 Posts: 273 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I’m needing something I can make quickly that actually tastes good? Let me know your favorites.

A true frozen meal?

Anything from Amy's Kitchen is good--and vegetarian. Her stuff is usually good. Trader Joe's stuff is usually good if you can find it. I listed a few others that are livable.
      Best Tasting
    • Devour Chicken Enchiladas-- 400 calories, 21 protein, 10 fiber.
    • Amy's Cheese Enchiladas--Total Carbohydrate 36g, 13% ; Dietary Fiber 5g, 18% ; Total Sugars 3g ; Includes 0g Added Sugars, 0% ; Protein 21g, 36% ...490 calories if you eat both--which is one serving.
    • Trader Joe's Chicken Tikka Masala 360 Calories 1 tray. Protein 21 gram.
    • ===============
    OKAY TASTING
    [*] Try Trader Joe's Chicken Burrito bowl. 22 grams protein. 370 calories.
    [*] Healthy Choice's Cuban Style Pork is okay. 20 grams of protein. Does it taste cuban? Not really, but it doesn't taste bad.
    [*] Lean Cuisine Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes is okay. Better than it used to be.
    [*] Luvo Roasted Veggie Lasagna -if you can find it. 15 grams protein. NOt my favorite but my sister likes it a lot.
    [*] Healthy Choice Power Bowl Adobo Chicken---26 grams of protein. I think it's fine but could use a little kick to it.
    [*] Amy's Kitchen Organic Bean Burritos-her stuff is always good. 12 Protein, 4 Fiber. She does vegetarian and organic--but it's good.
    [*]
    [/list]
  • Cats_fitness_journey
    Options
    Chicken Breakfast Sausage Patties from Trader Joe’s, great with 3 scrambled eggs in the morning
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    With the possible exception of something keto, I'm not sure any frozen meals would be high protein unless they are also high calorie.

When I needed to spend less time in the kitchen rotisserie chicken was a staple. I could quickly pair it with bread, a wrap, or make up rice ahead of time. etc.

As mentioned above, you could keep frozen burger patties (and rolls) on hand.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    Corina1143 wrote: »
    I'm a meat eater. I usually have enough veggies and fruit to round out a meal, sometimes canned, but must have meat. I just saw a recipe using 1 can of chicken, 1 egg, whatever onions, garlic, spices, etc, you like and have available, shape it like chicken fingers or bites, roll in flour or bread crumbs, and fry or bake to warm through and cook egg and flour. I haven't tried it yet, but I bought a can of chicken. It sounds like a good backup plan to me.

@Corina1143 I have some canned chicken I've been wondering what to do with - can you share a link to the recipe?

I've found a low carb recipe in which I could just use bread crumbs, but am curious about your recipe.

https://realbalanced.com/recipe/low-carb-chicken-patties/
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I love Real Good Food products, they are a bit pricey!
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    @kshama2001
    I dont remember where I saw it. It was so simple I didn't think about keeping it. It was literally what I said above. Not a recipe, but an idea.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    Not frozen, but in the meat section I sometimes buy the Hormel prepared meat dishes and split one with my husband. The roast beef au jus (actually pot roast), roast pork, and roast turkey are always good. They heat up in 4 minutes in the microwave or you can cook them on the stovetop. (I take them camping.) There is also meatloaf, but I haven't tried that since I like my own. Pair that with vegetables and a baked potato if you have the calories, and voila, an easy tasty meal.
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Corina1143 wrote: »

Canned chicken is good for quick protein boost. I usually don't bother doing anything fancy with it-- I throw it in a little food processor w/things like avocado or mayo, some spices, maybe a slice of onion & a pepper or a bit of cheese or something. I might spread it on my low-carb breads I make, or eat as a dip w/pork rinds, or just eat it with a spoon-- maybe a few olives, pickles & cherry tomatoes on it.
  • kiteflyer105
    kiteflyer105 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have stir-frys with Steak, Shrimp, Pork, Chicken Breast and Turkey Breast, soups, cottage cheese, steak, shrimp, crab cakes, protein shakes, fish, chicken (breasts and thighs), tukey and hamburger meatloaf, salmon patties, starkist tuna fish packets (Starkist sweet and spicy tuna creations) with a huge salad (Yummy). Sloppy Joes with Tater Tots and Green Beans, turley italian sausage with mushrooms, onions, tricolored peppers, Bq chicken on the grill, corned beef (once in awhile), pot roast (once in a while).
    pizza once a month, turkey kilbassa with a potato and tri colored peppers, stir fried together, burritos and tacos, etc. Turkey burgers are my favorite with asparagus and one serving size of mashed potatoes.