Nordic Track Treadmill - ifit?

Options
Looking at a Nordictrack 1750 treadmill but not sure I want to commit to a monthly subscription for iFit. Does anyone have a Nordictrack and just use the programs that come preloaded? If so, what kinds of things do you get with it?

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,691 Member
    Options
    I am too cheap to do a subscription service like ifit, though I have friends who enjoy running routes all over the world and that sounds like fun to me. My Nordictrack has a lot of programs, but I don't use most of them. If I do one of their programs, I usually end up modifying it. One issue I have is that their warm-up is too short for me, basically 3 minutes of walking then away we go. If the program is strenuous, I'll do my own 15 minute warmup of gradually increasing the pace before I start their program. Many of their programs are either too slow or too fast for me, so I make them faster or slower. I like the intervals that they do with alternating one or two minute fast and easy segments, but again, I often modify. They also have an unrealistic idea of how people adapt to incline. Instead of going slower when the incline is steeper, they will sometimes go faster, and then they don't go faster when the incline eases. So, again, I adapt to fit my abilities. There are about a half dozen programs I do regularly, but mostly I use them as a base and modify them to suit my mood and fitness.