Goal pants...

Options
Jeepinmom4
Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
So I have "goal pants". Or as my husband says,a stack of jeans that take up too much room. They range in size from a 10 to a 22...as I'm losing weight,I try on the pants and see what fits better...its kinda a gage for me to see my progress. I just can't see the weight loss in a mirror,but when I put pant on that 3 months ago didn't button,I feel awesome! At my largest I was 267 lbs,the stack is getting low and I'm more motivated to try on some 16's lol!

Am I alone in doing this? :)

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I have one pair, that I wore back in 2007 when i had lost quite a bit of weight. They're practically brand new because i gained the weight back not long after buying them...they're sitting in my bottom drawer and i can't wait to fit back into them!
  • skinnyjeansss
    Options
    nope! i have a pair hanging on the front of my closet as motivation when i was at my now current goal weight. i can't wait to be able to button those again and room to spare. (:
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Lol yup some of these I've had for 5 years...I WILL fit into them :happy:
  • JackeeW
    Options
    I think every woman can relate to this! I know I can.
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I cleaned out my clothes on Saturday. The first thing I noticed being loose were my bras and I just decided to go through everything. I had one drawer of jeans with various sizes as well. 10-18 from when I was losing several years ago. I've been at an 18 for about 5 years even with 20lb fluxes. I finally got 17lbs below the 20 and pulled out my old pants and my 14's fit. I couldn't believe it and then thought it a fluke but I bought a pair of 14 dress pants yesterday and they fit. I kept jeans and few key pieces of smaller clothes just because they were in such condition and I hoped I'd get down again. Think of it this way, you already spent the money on those clothes so it's better to have these in between clothes to use instead of having to buy new stuff to save looking weird. Tell that to your husband, you don't have to go buy a bunch of pants. I couldn't believe how big my old dress pants were on me since it doesn't feel like I've lost that much.

What's weird is last time I was a 14, I think I had to weigh 20lbs less then I do now. I work out a lot but it it's kinda odd. It is so much nicer having my clothes be too big than pulling something out to wear and finding it too tight. I will just have a scarce wardrobe for a while.
    Good job and good luck. Enjoy the smaller clothes, I am.
  • Peque1130deleted
    Options
    I have one pair of jeans that fits right now. They are a 16. I have a pair of 14's that I cannot wait to fit back into. I refuse to buy jeans bigger than a 16...I have recently gotten rid of anything bigger than a 16...I will NOT be going back to those sizes...:)