Stuffed cheeseburger

Options
Stuffed with cheddar and mushrooms. Was pretty good! Didn't even need bread
yxcmsgo609ju.png

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,515 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much cheese, and how much bread you'd normally take the calories of this might be higher than without cheese but bread instead.
  • cdennis9154
    cdennis9154 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I do track my calories but I don't count calories if that makes sense. For me my focus is high protein, some fats....the only carbs I take in come from low insulin spiking fruits. So no breads or rices etc. It's been working pretty well so far. But thanks for the insight. For anyone else who sees this I would definitely adjust ratios accordingly based on what your goals are and the diet you're following
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome! I'd totally try it
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Looks so good! Sounds so good! I want it! Maybe with some sliced tomato or avocado?
  • cdennis9154
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »
    Looks awesome! I'd totally try it

Thank you friend! Inwas pretty pleased. I'll def make it again and attempt to perfect it
  • cdennis9154
    Options
    Corina1143 wrote: »
    Looks so good! Sounds so good! I want it! Maybe with some sliced tomato or avocado?

Thank you! Your suggestions sound cgood too! I'm Definitely excited to make it again with other ingredients inside.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Perfect keto food. I'm not a fan of stuffing burgers, but some fried mushrooms and some good cheese on a decent smash burger is hard to beat. Nice one.
  • cdennis9154
    Options
    Perfect keto food. I'm not a fan of stuffing burgers, but some fried mushrooms and some good cheese on a decent smash burger is hard to beat. Nice one.

Thanks. I would say so. I was monitoring my ketosis and it didn't take me out of it. It was a pretty good meal all around. My original plan was just to crumble the beef and cook it then add the cheese and mushrooms and mix but somehow I ended up stuffing and didn't regret it
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Thanks. I would say so. I was monitoring my ketosis and it didn't take me out of it. It was a pretty good meal all around. My original plan was just to crumble the beef and cook it then add the cheese and mushrooms and mix but somehow I ended up stuffing and didn't regret it

Hamburger made into a patty is better than not made into a patty, that's just common sense. Well unless your a person that believes extra lean is the healthier ground beef, then all bets are off and making that into burgers is well, sacrilegious somewhere I'm sure of it. :D

• no1racefan2
    no1racefan2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yum! One of DH and I's regular meals is hamburger patties w/ sauteed mushrooms and whatever cheese we have on hand--usually goat cheese. And a veggie side. We almost never use buns, who needs 'em?