Where do I start?

Options
I am new to MFP and am not really sure where to start. I am not very motivated to do this stuff. I stay very busy with my kids, school, job, and kids sports. I do not have much time to work out nor do I enjoy it. Hoping to get some things accomplished with this. :)

Replies

• lizkats
    lizkats Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Lizkats and I am not happy at the weight I am at. I am 67, so if there are some seniors who would like to be a friend just post me. Younger people also. I put on mega weight and it because i have no control at supper time.
    So I need all the help I can get....Take Care!
  • phv2sw492s
    phv2sw492s Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m Karly still new to MFP but slowing getting there! Always lots to learn when it comes to weight loss
  • zak_q
    zak_q Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    start with W. WHY bother? WHO do u want to be? WHAT do u want you kids to think and tell people about u? WHEN do u want to see results?
    Integrity is when what u desire, what u think and what u do are in alignment. Progress towards this will create its own momentum and motivation. KIT:)
  • kcd394
    kcd394 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    mommakay25 wrote: »
    I am new to MFP and am not really sure where to start. I am not very motivated to do this stuff. I stay very busy with my kids, school, job, and kids sports. I do not have much time to work out nor do I enjoy it. Hoping to get some things accomplished with this. :)

If it makes you feel better, the majority of my weight loss journey has been accomplished with no extra working out. I am also a busy professional with not a lot of extra time (don't have kids yet though). So I went from 205 to 165 with some logging and staying true to calorie goals. I didn't really adjust diet too much either as it was already decent I just adjusted portions and calories. Get into the habit of logging everything first. Then adjust calorie intake accordingly. No need to fad diet, or cut out your favorites, just watch how much of that you have and enjoy the little bit you allow. Slow and steady change for the better will stick better. I made it down to 165 and then was able to maintain that between 165 and 168 for about 6 months. The last 6-8 months I've been slowly creeping up and I weighed 178.5 this morning. Today is the day I've started driving the scale back the other way. Logged everything today and was still under my calorie goals. I occasionally did some couch to 5k workouts but honestly didn't do anything consistently as far as workouts. Just good old logging and calorie counting. Best of luck to you!