stubborn belly fat

Options
While I’ll admit that I’m pretty happy with my body at this point, I still see where there is room for improvement. To keep it simple I still feel as if I’m storing too much fat on my belly, I can feel the muscle underneath but all I see is the jiggle sitting on top of it. Unfortunately it seems to be one of the first places my body stores extra weight after my legs.

Any suggestions on what I can do to tone, or at the very least tighten, this area?

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing. The belly is usually the first place to come on and the last to go. You can't spot reduce, but as your body fat % comes down, it will finally give.
  • dannylives
    Options
    I hear ya!
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Cardio and diet is the only thing that helps mine. I have the same problem. Just keep at it! :o)
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    I am right there with ya, and I think as long as you keep working at it it will eventually go away! At least that's what I am hoping! I am doing Insanity right now and I can tell that my belly is getting smaller, but just not small enough darn it!
  • ktmunchie
    Options
    I have no advice, just wanted to say I feel ya! Keep at it, we will both get there!!
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    No advice really...sorry, but I feel your pain! Seriously hoping the last 10 lbs comes off of my belly and nowhere else. I've read that really limiting your sugar intake helps, but I just can't give up my fruit...
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Be patient! eat at a deficit, eat clean, whole, unprocessed foods, do weight training 2-4 times per week and a few cardio sessions. Belly fat is hard to get rid of. Try adding intervals to your training if you don't already.
    Good luck