Im new to fitness pal

Options
:happy: I love fitness pal but I cant seem to jump start my weightloss I eat under the amount of calories and I workout idk what to do

Replies

• leachan79
    leachan79 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    welcome!! :) and good luck in your journey...
  • azkids07
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck! We all need support Glad your here!!:fl:flowerforyou: owerforyou:
  • Tjarvi
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck with your goals!
  • azkids07
    Options
    Eat what it says to eat! You don't want your body to go into starvation mode! Rule of thumb is burn more than you eat.
  • alyssaVDL90
    Options
    Try not to eat under the amount of calories, believe it or not it makes it harder for your body to lose weight that way. After a month I curbed on my weight-loss and starting eating MORE calories a day and lost another 1.2 lbs the next day! The key is healthy choices!
  • Tazz71
    Options
    Eating under your calories isn't always a good thing. Your body needs fuel especially since you're working out. If your body doesn't get enough, it goes into starvation mode and you won't lose. How's your diet? Are you taking in good calories or empty ones. 500 calories at McD's isn't the same as 500 calories of lean protein, complex carbs and veggies. I'm no expert but I've found some things that work for me. message me a little about your typical diet and workout regimen. I'm more than happy to share some ideas. Read some of the threads on the boards, you'll get great info there too.
  • slippymcgee
    Options
    Eating fewer than 1000 calories per day sends your body into catabolism (your body metabolizes muscle instead of fat as it can break that down easier) and that isbad for you! Try to eat foods with higher calories if you are having trouble getting all your calories in i.e. nuts, avocados, peanut butter, cheese. Best of luck!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Welcome...and eat more.
  • branflake5
    Options
    it takes time to see results u r like me u want it NOW, i am learning to be patient and stick with it and in a couple months i will see the results i am working so hard for, good luck!!