gaining weight

Options
so i currently have a eating disorder. i went from 127 to 110 in a month. but my eating disorder wasnt the only thing. i bave been taking fish oil twice a day n i have just figured out it makes you loose weight. i want to gain my weight back.

Replies

• TameApe
    TameApe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry. That sounds terrible! Do you have any appetite?
  • abnerchiang5574
    abnerchiang5574 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @CheyenneCGill2023

How are you feeling today?

The times I needed to eat more were that when I suffered from constipation. I felt that my body was afraid of collapsing therefore refusing my intention to lose further weight. So it made me constipated.

Eating more eased my condition and made me feel better.

I also think I have eating disorder, but I tend to binge eat on my diet journey instead.

I have heard lots of good things about taking fish oil/omega 3, but I have never come across the idea that it makes you lose weight.

So could the weight loss caused by the eating disorder, not fish oil?

Eating disorder and depression are sometimes linked. That is why I am taking Omega 3 to treat my eating disorder. According to Andrew Huberman, neurologist professor at Stanford University, taking high strength Omega 3 equates to prescription grade to anti depressants.

From my personal experience, I don’t think omega 3/ fish oil reduces my weight. I don’t think it makes a difference to my eating disorder either. It doesn’t work for me doesn’t mean it won’t work for someone else. I am not an expert. I am persevering taking omega 3.

So I think the relationship between eating disorder and fish oil might need to be re-investigated. I feel that because you are already taking fish oil (potentially beneficial for eating disorder/ depression ) stopping it is a shame.

I hope you are feeling better now. Good luck!

• Joyfulandactive
    Joyfulandactive Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I don’t think it’s the fish oil, correlation doesn’t equal causation.

What else has been going on this month? Are you experiencing stress and/or anxiety for any reason?

• Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi, I take fish oil supplements most days (ie, those that I remember!) and I can tell you I'm not losing weight from them! i have to work hard to lose weight and log religiously every little thing to stay under! I hope you are having a good day today and feel like you can eat.
  • GazJol
    GazJol Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try to get in the habit of taking regular drinks of water. Not enough water leads to a lack of appetite, constipation and fatigue. Take a water bottle with you wherever you go. The consistent water intake will help kickstart your metabolism again and help you feel less fatigued and hopefully a little more motivated to start eating some decent meals again.
    Good luck!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Are you working with a treatment team? I can guarantee you that your weight loss has nothing to do with the fish oil. Fish oil is just an Omega 3 supplement which is recommended for most people since gen pop USA doesn't eat enough fish, particularly fish like sardines, salmon, and tuna. It is great for your heart health, but does nothing for weight loss...I wish...if it did I'd probably be 10-12% BF right now.