What food have you had to entirely forgo?

Options

Replies

• Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    Nothing, thankfully. I just can't have as much of certain things in one day as I used to have. If I'm really craving something I used to eat a lot of at once, I divide it up into two or three servings and have that over a few days instead of as one meal.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,036 Member
    Options
    I haven't denied myself anything due to calories, but I do have to keep a VERY tight hold on the reins anytime I'm presented with soda or bread. Used to pound 2 liters of soda per day, and could easily put away half a loaf of bread every meal. Now I allow myself two 12-oz cans of soda per week, along with only 2 rolls/slices of bread for a single meal per day.

Something I had to give up for non-dietary reasons was cinnamon gummy candy. Adore the stuff to pieces, but it sticks to my teeth for like forever, and was singlehandedly responsible for multiple cavities growing up, so for the sake of my teeth, I had to let them go.
  • MovinNow
    MovinNow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    @Fattyohfat
    Fattyohfat wrote: »
    if you want I can give you my recipe for a pizza quesadilla, comes in under 300 calories.

Please do!
    Thanks, Karen

• Fattyohfat
    Fattyohfat Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    MovinNow wrote: »
    @Fattyohfat
    Fattyohfat wrote: »
    if you want I can give you my recipe for a pizza quesadilla, comes in under 300 calories.

Please do!
    Thanks, Karen

1 serving sliced turkey pepperoni like 16 slices 70 calories
    1 serving reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese 80 calories
    1 serving jarred pizza sauce I use Yo Mama's 30 calories
    1 low carb tortilla I use the Mission™ brand. This one has 70 calories and is about 7" across

Make you pizza on the tortilla and put in a cast iron skillet sprayed with Pam™ over medium low heat. Once you see the cheese start to melt fold over on itself, and let it cook. flipping back and forth until you get the color on the crust you want. You can change the toppings around if you like. I sometimes use less pepperoni and add in things like olives, or onions and peppers. I use the lower heat because it can go from perfect to oops very fast if the heats to high.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    For me, it's nut/seed and peanut butters. I end up using so much and it's addictive for me! Whole nuts and seeds are 'safer' but I still can go to town on those too, so I don't normally have them around.

I satisfy that pb flavor with pb powder now.

Oh...and can't have halva anywhere near me lol!
  • Joyfulandactive
    Joyfulandactive Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    BBQ flavored chips. I will eat an entire large bag, enjoy it and not be sorry.
  • heididharma61
    heididharma61 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel these comments so much! Same for me with hummus and any nut butter. I had a WW coach who said when she's craving sugar, she has a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter. She didn't specify you should stop at just one!😊
  • PrincessMelodyj
    PrincessMelodyj Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For me it’s trail mix! Any snack mix with nuts and fruit and chocolate is like crack to me! I have no self-control with it. And since it is so calorie dense, it can ruin your day very quickly!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,714 Member
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    For me, it's nut/seed and peanut butters. I end up using so much and it's addictive for me! Whole nuts and seeds are 'safer' but I still can go to town on those too, so I don't normally have them around.

I am now convinced we were twins separated at birth..lol!

I also use powdered pb for same reason
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

I am now convinced we were twins separated at birth..lol!

I also use powdered pb for same reason

No doubt! I know so when I read/see all your other posts too!🙂
  • Fattyohfat
    Options
    For me it’s trail mix! Any snack mix with nuts and fruit and chocolate is like crack to me! I have no self-control with it. And since it is so calorie dense, it can ruin your day very quickly!

I so get this one. I have some nut mix that is so yummy I have to hide it and forget about it.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Cheese! I could literarily eat an entire block of cheese in one sitting.

It was easy when I gave up the wine too... :)
  • PrincessMelodyj
    PrincessMelodyj Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    Cheese! I could literarily eat an entire block of cheese in one sitting.

It was easy when I gave up the wine too... :)

Oh yes CHEESE!! I miss cheese too! 😭😂

• Daveygirl1
    Daveygirl1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    None. I’m a fan of adding, not subtracting. So if I wanted hummus, I would also have a turkey sandwich, or turkey roll ups, with a cut up pepper, tomato’s, pretzels AND 2 tablespoons of hummus. Enough that I can I have the taste, but plenty of other stuff to make me feel satiated.
  • tabisaurus_rex
    tabisaurus_rex Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Years ago I stopped keeping snack foods in the house because of my lack if self control. Now that I am married and my kid is older there's snacks all the time but I got use to not snacking and only go on the hunt 1-2 times a week.

I do have to be careful with salty chips. If I don't portion them out I will eat half a bag in one sitting!

With that said, have you tried veggies with your hummus instead of crackers? I love dips so I try to eat them with carrots or sweet peppers.
  • no1racefan2
    no1racefan2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Oh yes, me too. I can't buy or make trail mix...I will eat HUNDREDS of calories of that stuff at once. It doesn't seem like that much because it's so calorie dense, and then when I log it I'm surprised every time!
  • MovinNow
    MovinNow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    @Fattyohfat Thanks for this!

…my recipe for a pizza quesadilla, comes in under 300 calories

1 serving sliced turkey pepperoni like 16 slices 70 calories
    1 serving reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese 80 calories
    1 serving jarred pizza sauce I use Yo Mama's 30 calories
    1 low carb tortilla I use the Mission™ brand. This one has 70 calories and is about 7" across

Make you pizza on the tortilla and put in a cast iron skillet sprayed with Pam™ over medium low heat. Once you see the cheese start to melt fold over on itself, and let it cook. flipping back and forth until you get the color on the crust you want. You can change the toppings around if you like. I sometimes use less pepperoni and add in things like olives, or onions and peppers. I use the lower heat because it can go from perfect to oops very fast if the heats to high.

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    Options
    MovinNow wrote: »
    @Fattyohfat Thanks for this!

…my recipe for a pizza quesadilla, comes in under 300 calories

That sounds SO good! Thinking I may need to do these for lunches next week.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    For right now, while I’m eating at a deficit…alcohol. Really, it came about from me determining that I needed to cut out eating/drinking anything after dinner, which automatically cut out alcohol, since I usually drink it later at night. The upside is that I’m not only skipping the alcohol calories, but also the snacking calories that the alcohol encouraged me to reach for. I know that once I hit maintenance I’ll have more calories available. My plan for then is to limit alcohol to weekends only for the most part, and trying to have it before dinner, not after.

Overall I’m happy with this “dry” period, since I felt like I was creeping into too much alcohol for my health, and this has shown me I can do fine without it. I always felt like I needed it to relax before bed, but…no, not really! My glass of ice tea makes me happy, too!

Editing to add that I also generally keep potato chips, bagel chips, potato chips, and bags of mini candy bars out of the house. Sometimes I’ll get a single Snickers or Reese’s pb cups if I’ve done plenty of exercise that day and can afford the calories. But in general, I can’t have that stuff in the house, or I’ll eat the whole bag. Nowadays, tho, I’d have competition from our 3 teenagers, so probably not as big of a problem!
  • Fattyohfat
    edited November 2023
    Options
    For right now, while I’m eating at a deficit…alcohol. Really, it came about from me determining that I needed to cut out eating/drinking anything after dinner, which automatically cut out alcohol, since I usually drink it later at night. The upside is that I’m not only skipping the alcohol calories, but also the snacking calories that the alcohol encouraged me to reach for. I know that once I hit maintenance I’ll have more calories available. My plan for then is to limit alcohol to weekends only for the most part, and trying to have it before dinner, not after.

Overall I’m happy with this “dry” period, since I felt like I was creeping into too much alcohol for my health, and this has shown me I can do fine without it. I always felt like I needed it to relax before bed, but…no, not really! My glass of ice tea makes me happy, too!

Editing to add that I also generally keep potato chips, bagel chips, potato chips, and bags of mini candy bars out of the house. Sometimes I’ll get a single Snickers or Reese’s pb cups if I’ve done plenty of exercise that day and can afford the calories. But in general, I can’t have that stuff in the house, or I’ll eat the whole bag. Nowadays, tho, I’d have competition from our 3 teenagers, so probably not as big of a problem!

i didn't do Halloween this year because I can't have that much candy in the house. I am just not strong enough.

Yeah I cut back on beer really quickly after I started logging it. 130-200 calories for 12 oz was an eye opener. Rather spend those calories on cheese for my burger. But I do have one once in awhile. Just have to record it.