so confused/depressed...

Options
Okay before I started working I was 264 I got down to 230 within 4 months (the healthy way) then I started working. I'm a cashier I did thorough research on how much I burn standing up and arms in constant motion for six hour shifts it came to a 852 calories burned based on my weight/height/age/sex. I have been plateau-ing for a while now almost about a month which is exactly around the time I rejoined MFP. So I started adding up my calories logging everything yet I plateau? Then I just found out today that u have to eat back what some of what you burn to meet your calorie goal. How many calories am I really supposed to eat? Is it a guarentee that I wont actually gain weight by eating back these calories? I just weighed myself and I even gained a pound?

Replies

• MMGoodSF
    Options
    Are you adding in the 800+ as exercise, or just adjusting your basic everyday activities level so MFP can come up with your daily calorie intake recommendation? The latter is what I'd recommend, and then anything above and beyond your everyday activities, like a run or a workout class, could be entered in as exercise and earn you more calories that day.
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I think (although I am not positive) that you are supposed to change your lifestyle option to reflect your new lifestyle. Especially if you went from Sedentary to Fairly Active.

Let us know how it works!!
  • Shastabugg1
    Options
    Are you adding in the 800+ as exercise, or just adjusting your basic everyday activities level so MFP can come up with your daily calorie intake recommendation? The latter is what I'd recommend, and then anything above and beyond your everyday activities, like a run or a workout class, could be entered in as exercise and earn you more calories that day.

I actually haven't been doing this but its come to my attention that I'm basically in starvation mode because I haven't been doing so. I usually just eat about 200 less than recommended, without eating the exercise calories back. Its no wonder I've stayed the same weight for a month :(