Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge - Term 47 - 6-Week Challenge (October 27th - December 10th)

Options
Neon_Vampire
Neon_Vampire Posts: 7,198 Member
Hello, everyone. We'd like to invite you to join term 47 of the Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge. Here is the information as well as the application below!

Term 47 will be a 6-week term themed around the holidays and festivities celebrated throughout the wizarding world. The term will run from Friday, October 27th (with full activities beginning on the Monday afterwards) through Sunday, December 10th. Students will also have a few days into the term to submit their starting weigh-in.

Owls with the acceptance or wait list notification should go out on Monday, October 23rd and Tuesday, October 24th.

*** If you do NOT join by 11:59 pm ET on Thursday, October 26th or respond to the prefect who contacted you, then your spot will be given to someone else. ***  

Feel free to contact a member of the staff with any questions. You may also contact @Maalea or @Neon_Vampire  (Hogwarts’ Headmistresses) to confirm that your application was received.

We hope to see many of you join us for Term 47. :)  

Sincerely,
Maalea and Neon_Vampire
(Headmistresses)

Replies

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    This is the best challenge on MFP! If you haven't joined yet, get onto it!
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I've applied. Haven't been to Hogwarts for a long while! ;) 🏰
  • ApythiaM
    ApythiaM Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just applied!
  • Kisame29
    Kisame29 Posts: 9,591 Member
    Options
    I've applied. Haven't been to Hogwarts for a long while! ;) 🏰

It will be amazing to have you back!! I have returned to Hogwarts myself earlier this year haha.
    ApythiaM wrote: »
    Just applied!

Application received, keep your eye out for an owl next week ;)
  • TwistedSassette
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • rhubarb_pie
    rhubarb_pie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to mfp, but I applied to join. It sounds like a great way to gain motivation and support each other :)
  • Neon_Vampire
    Neon_Vampire Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to mfp, but I applied to join. It sounds like a great way to gain motivation and support each other :)

Hi, we received your application, so be sure to keep an eye out for an owl early next week! :blush: Because you are new to the challenge, you'll receive a friend request from your house prefects first, and once you accept their request, they'll send your owl over with all the details for joining the castle group and your respective common room. As co-headmistress, I may be a bit biased, but I think everyone who takes part in the challenge is lovely, and there's a real sense of community, so I hope you'll enjoy all the things we have to offer. 

By the way, I absolutely love your username! Rhubarb is an extremely rare thing to acquire where I live, so whenever I find something that has rhubarb, I'm always tempted to snatch it up. :D
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,136 Member
    Options
    There are still open spots! :D
  • TwistedSassette
    Options
    Term starting next week - applications are still open!
  • hooliemay
    hooliemay Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just applied. It’s been a Long time since I was at Hogwarts but I I really do need a friendly kick in the pants 😅
  • Maalea
    Options
    All who sent an application until Monday night should have gotten a friend request from a prefect or (if you are already friends with them) a message with your Hogwarts invite.
    If you did not get them, please let us know by posting here.

All who applied later than Monday - you will get a place too! But please have some more patience, because we would like to see first which houses have the most no-shows, so that we can assign the later applicants there. Thank you :)
  • CaseyJ2354
    CaseyJ2354 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I did not get one....
  • Maalea
    Options
    CaseyJ2354 wrote: »
    I did not get one....

You should have gotten a friend request to your new username? Can you please check it out and accept it? Then the prefects can send you a message with the invite. (Without being a friend MFP messages are very glitchy.)
  • CloverDemeter
    CloverDemeter Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I know it might be too late, but I just saw this and figured I'd throw an application in anyway just in case there's room and it's easy to add. If not, I'll try and catch the next one! How fun!
  • Maalea
    Options
    @CloverDemeter - no, it's not too late! You will get a friend request later today.
  • SunnyBee7
    SunnyBee7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oof, I think I'm a day late, but I submitted an application anyway--can I be put on the waiting list for next time?
  • Maalea
    Options
    SunnyBee7 wrote: »
    Oof, I think I'm a day late, but I submitted an application anyway--can I be put on the waiting list for next time?

That's no problem, you can still join! You'll get a friend request from the Ravenclaw prefects.
  • Kisame29
    Options

We're trying to contact you now! For some reason, the other Ravenclaw prefect @christyc1256 and myself cannot seem to send you a message/friend request (when we go to your profile, it gives us the "404 not found error"). She sent you an email so please check your email!

Otherwise - Is there anyway that you can send me a friend request? Then I will send you the welcome PM and the invite to the groups :)
  • Kisame29
    Options

Just checking in once more @SunnyBee7 - we still haven't heard from you. If you would like to join, let us know! At this time, we will just make a note that we have reached out a couple of times now but have not heard back so please reach out if you would still like to join. :)

--

Also just a note for anyone else - although we just started Week 1 of our challenge, if anyone else would like to join, please feel free to PM me (you may have to send me a friend request first) or fill out the application and then I'll be in contact with you :)

Happy holidays to everyone and good luck with your goals!
  • ApythiaM
    ApythiaM Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    CaseyJ2354 wrote: »
    I did not get one....

I did not get a request or a DM either. :(