Any Military/Firefighters

I spent 9 years in the Marine Corps infantry and am now a firefighter so I’m looking for people with similar backgrounds for advice and motivation. Feel free to add me

Replies

• tonybruno3570
    tonybruno3570 Posts: 1 Member
    Thanks for you service Devil Dog! 31 years in the Army and Navy and retiring shortly. I’m always thinking about friends and other that paid the ultimate price to push my motivation to keep working out. Still gets tough at times. I’m guessing your career as a FF is demanding enough to require a high level of fitness. How do manage fitness and nutrition?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    edited October 2023
    I was in the Chair Force, er, Air Force, so while I am a fellow veteran, my military background was very dissimilar. I've also had mostly desk jobs since 1991.

Welcome!

Here's my favorite article on motivation, which should be right in your wheelhouse:

http://www.wisdomination.com/screw-motivation-what-you-need-is-discipline/
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,504 Member
    31 years in the Army and Navy and retiring shortly.
    Amazing. I went to boot camp with a kid and we just talked this week. He's just retired after 34 years 5 month.

I cannot imagine me getting up in the morning and putting on that uniform. I'm too old :)
  • tico_da_man
    tico_da_man Posts: 3 Member
    Hey Brian. Thank you for your service. Never served in the armed forces, but I am currently working as a firefighter..13 yrs on, Cap for a S. FL Dept. 39 yo, looking to trim down for health sake.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,940 Member
    Ten years active duty Air Force, but combined with my civilian job working as a defense contractor I've spent the last 24 years in or around the military. I've spent parts of that time as a super-lean runner, a borderline obese slob, and for 14 years now a bodybuilder with ZERO plans to compete on stage, lol.