New 23yo female. 100lb goal. Looking for support friends!

Options
Hi! I'm a recent college grad named Rachel. I have always been overweight. When I was younger, my Chinse family always referred to me as "pang" or fat/chubby. I was always embarrassed at this. But Asian people have no shame or censorship on the matter. Anyway, in high school I pretty much maxed out at 279lbs. Scary scary number that I am slowly but surly climbing back up to. During the beginning of college there was a lot of fluctuation in my weight until the end of my second semester when I got serious. I lost almost 80lbs in one spring/summer which took me to my lowest adult weight of 203. I got the boy I was losing it all for...then, similarly to many relationship situations, I got comfortable and started to gain it all back. Almost 50 of my hard earned pounds came back. Now I am at a point in life that I am completely ready to surpass my previous lowest weight and get healthy. I want as many weightloss buddies as possible! Girls and guys, all ages. Let me support and encourage you in return for your attention. That's really all I need, someone that's counting on me to keep my word, seeing as I've been letting myself down a lot lately.

Today is my day. Sept. 27th, first Libra moon. I need to make the most of this month to kickstart the rest of my life. Now, WHO'S COMIN' WITH ME?! :)

Replies

• darwinian_chick
    Options
    I need buddies too. I will add you if I can figure out how lol. I'm new to this, VERY new.
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    just click on her name go to her page and add as friend :) easy peasy
  • mochadamia
    Options
    Hey, you can also add me! I'm new to this site and I'm willing to go through the whole process with you!
  • DefiningRaquel
    Options
    Hey there,

Ive sent you an add. Hope MFP helps you achieve your goals.
  • MrsSergeant05
    Options
    Hi! I'd love to be a support friend to you! Look for my add! :-)
  • MrsSergeant05
    Options
    Hi! I'd love to be a support friend to you! Look for my add! :-)
  • pleasehealthme
    Options
    Thank you so much! I like this new network of people trying just like me! Let's endure the process together. We can do a anything good :)
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    You can do it!!! You can request me! I love new MFP friends and I can help you with anything...I've been doing this for almost a year
  • stargirl99
    Options
    Hi,

I've only been on the site a couple of weeks but it is great motivation. Feel free to add me as a friend :happy:
  • JThomas61
    Options
    This is a great site, I have been here since March and I am down 75 pounds, lots of motivating friends and good advice. Everyone feel free to add me.
  • spasticlulu
    Options
    HI, congrats on starting your journey!!!! I have started today! I have 250lbs to lose, I know we can do it together!
  • Aussie4870
    Options
    i know just how you feel...ive lost 85lbs with 70lbs more to go...
  • big_daddy_d
    Options
    You so can do it, trust me think about weight loss like a game the more you play the better you get in it :)
  • puzwuz1
    Options
    You can achieve your goal and surpass what you think you have in mind! Look for my add, will be here to offer support and help as much as I can. :)
  • mouth5667
    Options
    Good luck to you! I too have struggled for years. I am 51 and have a goal to lose 60 pounds. I would love to add you to my list of friends! The more support the better. Encouragement and accountability is very important, at least it is to me.
  • foodluver27
    Options
    Hi..people feel free to add me too! I am looking at a 40-50 lb weight goal. I hope I can get there! I am currently 175 and would love to get in the 125-130 bracket..even 135 :) I have gained 40 lbs since I got married 4 years ago (but at least I am happy right? ha ha!) Oh and I looooove to eat too and I come from a family of eaters. Anyway it is time to get healthy and look great in my clothes again. Slowly but surely we will get there...we can all do this!
  • christymarie214
    christymarie214 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    HI...I am also starting today! I have gained 10 lbs since getting married in less than a year and almost 20 lbs since meeting my husband 3 years ago. My eating habits and exercise routines are like roller coasters, one week I am good, the next I am not. Look for my add!
  • pleasehealthme
    Options
    Ahh! I love all of this support from around the world! It really is incredible how much better and more confident I feel in this journey. Sounds cheesy, but it is so true. Please, everyone hold me accountable for my first 10lbs shed!

I've decided that I will not let anyone in my personal life know that I am dieting until I lose 20lbs. This is my race with myself! There's no need to feel like I need to advertise the good I'm doing for myself. And previously, I feel like I let others down when I didn't do what I said. Hopefully this helps!

@Still_Doll and I are trying to lose 20lbs by Halloween! An intense goal, but a great one to kick-start our weightloss. And to think, can I really lose 20% of my entire goal by next month???? Would be sweeeeeeeet. :)
  • rachaeltaff
    Options
    Feel free to add me! We all need support, because this can definitely be challenging on a daily basis, lol. And I'm with you on keeping it to yourself...I think it's easier to let others know of our success once we feel like we're actually succeeding :)
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I love to give out support and welcome it very much. I have as much as you to loose so we can do this together. anyone that likes support can add me.