Pedometer Suggestion?

Options
KateStaebler
KateStaebler Posts: 5 Member
MFP dropped Pacer, the pedometer that I was using. Accupedo cannot connect with anything using Android 11. (Just received that email from Accupedo...). I can't figure out a way to stop Google Fit from counting my steps during workouts that I track on Map My Fitness. Suggestions for a pedometer that will sync with MFP that has a pause feature for when I'm actively tracking a workout....that is free?
(Pretty pissed that MFP dropped Pacer as a 3 rd party to connect with)

Answers

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 732 MFP Staff
    Options
    You can connect both Google Fit and MapMyFitness to MyFitnessPal! If you've set Google Fit as your step source, you will see your step count sync from Google Fit. Any synced exercises from MapMyFitness will be incorporated into your calorie adjustment from Google Fit.

If you need further explanation or additional help, please email our Support Team at support@myfitnesspal.com.
  • KateStaebler
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Jean. I already have Map My Fitness connected. I tried using Google Fit but I could not figure out how to pause the step counter during a workout. If I don't do that MFP give double "credit" for the steps of the workout from importing the info from both apps. Pacer and Accupedo have a pause feature so I would stop them from counting the steps during the work out that I would track on Map My Fitness.

Still looking for a a free pedometer with a pause feature...
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 732 MFP Staff
    Options
    Your step count is incorporated into your calorie adjustment, so it is not being counted twice.

Your Google Fit must estimate a higher number of calories burned compared to the set daily burn from MyFitnessPal, in order for an adjustment to be earned. If the number from your device is lower than the number from MyFitnessPal, then the adjustment will show as 0, or if you have enabled the negative adjustment option, then it will show as a negative amount earned and then deduct calories from your goal. When you do see a positive number adjustment, that number represents the amount of calories burned above your MFP goal and not the amount of calories burned for you workouts. This update appears in your diary as a Calorie Adjustment.

The details of the adjustment's calculation can be viewed online by clicking the "i" on the adjustment line, or within the app by tapping on the adjustment.
  • KateStaebler
    Options
    It is counted twice if Google fit inputs my total step count AND Map My Fitness inputs the workout as exercise.

Is there a way to manually put in the steps per day like you manually enter the weight or measurements? In that section - not in the exercise section. I have tried manually putting it in the exercise section and it just has me log the minutes - not the steps. So it looks like I have no steps logged since May. This whole situation is getting very frustrating and is making me wonder why I am paying for a premium account.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    It is counted twice if Google fit inputs my total step count AND Map My Fitness inputs the workout as exercise.

Is there a way to manually put in the steps per day like you manually enter the weight or measurements? In that section - not in the exercise section. I have tried manually putting it in the exercise section and it just has me log the minutes - not the steps. So it looks like I have no steps logged since May. This whole situation is getting very frustrating and is making me wonder why I am paying for a premium account.

I hope you got an answer if you did please let me know I want to do the same- log it myself I could manally put it under notes but I put a lot undert that tab. I wonder how we can make this request to MyFitnessPal? It would be the best way just go in under steps like we do weight and add it ourselves. I wonder why it is not already like that on premium accounts.