Workplace snacks

Options
no1racefan2
no1racefan2 Posts: 84 Member
edited October 2023 in Food and Nutrition
Anybody have any favorite snack suggestions for me to keep in my desk drawer? I like to keep a few 'emergency' snacks on hand in my office and I'm running low. I usually plan snacks for the day and bring them from home (cheese stick, fruit, etc.) but I like to have some things on hand just in case I get extra hungry in the afternoons. Looking for non-perishable items I can just stash in a drawer.

Edited to add: bonus points of it comes in pre-portioned packages.

Replies

• Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,930 Member
    Options
    Nuts, jerky, protein bars, popcorn?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    Crispy chickpeas or broad beans, dry roasted soybeans with various seasonings, no-sugar-added applesauce packets or cups, fruit cups packed in juice, . . . .
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,624 Member
    Options
    Besides jerky, dried seaweed snacks from the Asian supermarket. Cup a soup or bouillon cubes.
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    That's It mini fruit bars. I get a giant bag of them from Costco and keep a few of each flavour in my desk.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I make my own jerky and keep it in 1 oz portioned baggies. That's usually my afternoon snack at work, along with an apple or an orange. I'm not real big on various bars...IMO, most of them are just glorified candy bars. I typically only eat those when I'm on all day hikes and things like that.