Sexy in Six ****Closed Group**** Week 6

Options

Replies

• sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    Okay so I'm putting up the Tuesday question early because I have school tomorrow....

TUESDAY QOTD: Most of us are losing weight because we don't like our bodies or we want to be healthier and stronger, but what wouldn't you want to change about yourself? Name a PHYSICAL part of you that you like about yourself AND you are NOT allowed to say NOTHING!!!! You can list as many things as you like just at least name one. Like body shape, curves, long legs, height, etc...

I love my big Puerto Rican booty! I like my calves (i know that's kind of weird but I think they look good! lol). I like that I am a pear-shape and I like my facial features. :bigsmile:

I love my shoulders and my girls aren't to shabby even after two babies. My overall shape is good and I wouldn't change it per se, just tone it down. It's funny, when i look in the mirror, I don't notice my face, LMAO :laugh:
  • Magic_Girl
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD

ok first off I have a question - I like my booty as well - BUT since running, its shrinking :/ Any suggestions to hang on to the curves???? My hubs is afraid its going to go away!

so things I like - facial features, waist (even when I was over 200 I still had a defined waist!), running while it has decreased the size of my booty, I like very much what it has done for my calves

still working on - arms and tummy :))

Happy Tuesday!

Ahhh! I know what you mean. My boyfriend is afraid of it going away too! lol It's all I have as curves go cuz i don't have boobs! I want to know the answer too. I heard that strength training helps. :)
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD

ok first off I have a question - I like my booty as well - BUT since running, its shrinking :/ Any suggestions to hang on to the curves???? My hubs is afraid its going to go away!

so things I like - facial features, waist (even when I was over 200 I still had a defined waist!), running while it has decreased the size of my booty, I like very much what it has done for my calves

still working on - arms and tummy :))

Happy Tuesday!

Ahhh! I know what you mean. My boyfriend is afraid of it going away too! lol It's all I have as curves go cuz i don't have boobs! I want to know the answer too. I heard that strength training helps. :)

Yes, squats!! keep doing tons of squats. Really works the booty and keeps it muscular.

For the Tuesday QOTD: I'd leave my legs/calves. They tend to not gain weight even when I do (I get topheavy LOL), and tone up really easily. My stomach is my trouble spot to be sure...I don't think it will ever be totally flat - genetics are totally against that - but here's hoping. No big deal if it doesn't happen...I'd just love to be to the point where I'm a size 6-8 again.
  • almille
    Options
    I love my long, healthy hair, and that my breasts have always been quite perky for their size. Overall I love my body right now, I've taken off the flab and I'm back to my 'normal' weight, and I love it! I've got more toning and fat loss to do to get to my 'goal' body, though.
  • klyvers512
    klyvers512 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies! Let's all have good losses this week!

Monday: I don't have one..I have big boobs and a big butt/hips...If I had to pick someone, just on a whim, I'd say kate winslet. I love her curves and confidence.

TUESDAY QOTD: Most of us are losing weight because we don't like our bodies or we want to be healthier and stronger, but what wouldn't you want to change about yourself? Name a PHYSICAL part of you that you like about yourself AND you are NOT allowed to say NOTHING!!!! You can list as many things as you like just at least name one. Like body shape, curves, long legs, height, etc...

My boobs! I absolutely love them...best feature EVER! :) Sure, I'm still breastfeeding, but I complain about how I wanted them bigger and I didn't even get a full cup size larger...it's been 2 years...I don't think I'm going to get the Dolly Parton boobs I dreamed about. Maybe with the next kid, I'll get some big ol' honkers. haha
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY QOTD: Most of us are losing weight because we don't like our bodies or we want to be healthier and stronger, but what wouldn't you want to change about yourself? Name a PHYSICAL part of you that you like about yourself AND you are NOT allowed to say NOTHING!!!! You can list as many things as you like just at least name one. Like body shape, curves, long legs, height, etc.
    I do like the length of my legs, I wouldn't want to change that. I also like the strength that my legs have aquired over the last few months.
  • kristyann86
    kristyann86 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY QOTD: FEATURES YOU WOULDN'T CHANGE

hhmmm...i do like my boobs. nice b cup...not that big, but not too small. and perky! lolol hoping when i reach my goal weight they won't sag from weight loss. although i have heard an all time myth to sleep in your bra and that'll help with sagging.

i like my hands, face (minus acne...uugghhhhh), and feet

hehe i like this game
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    my lips - my hands - my feet?!! Tricky - my hair and skin have fallen victim to vitilago, my eyes to Graves disease, legs to varicose veins, ankles susceptible to swelling. Try to keep my sense of perspective though!!

But PEANUT - thank you for the Helen Mirren photo! Yep, that 's my inspiration!
    xx
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I like my hair, my belly button (an innie lol), my boobs (which I used to hate but this is the way God made me so gotta celebrate it!) and my legs, especially my lower legs. Even at my heaviest the calves and ankles still looked pretty good :tongue:
  • kaleighmorgan
    Options
    You know, surprisingly there are a lot of things I like about my appearance (more now that I'm toning up some, but still). I LOVE that I'm an hourglass/pear. I have a tiny waist for my size (5'4, 150-some-odd lbs, measurements 36-28-41) and I wouldn't trade that for the world, but I would love to shed a little boob and maybe have more of a pear shape (I don't know why, but I love pears). I like my ribcage (because it peaks out a little), I love my collarbones (decolatage?) and the definition in my neck/shoulders. I'm loving all the muscle tone I'm starting to feel (and see just barely) in my arms. Really, the only thing I'm working on is taking this exact body I have and shedding a little overall fluff. :-D
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    ok this IS NOT the QOTD but I'm just curious - hows the challenge going? What types of rewards are you giving yourself?

I had ice cream on monday because I had so many calories left I had to eat something - I had just a small scoop and I learned that I probably can't eat much more than that anymore - BONUS reward :))

Last night I cooked dinner for my neighbors - a meal with great friends is ALWAYS rewarding

Tonight I'm getting my wedding ring cleaned - its SOOOO Pretty when its shiny!

One night I'm going to surprise my hubby in lingerie when he gets home from work ;-) - I just have to figure out how to get home before him LOL!!!

THIS IS THE BEST CHALLENGE EVER! What are you guys doing???

Happy Hump Day! -- 1/2 way though the week!!!
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Monday I took a walk by the lake bc water really calms me. Yesterday I bought myself a new Leslie dvd :). Tonight is date night with hubby. This week, I'm also treating myself to new shoes that FIT so I won't feel like cutting off my toes when I work out. And I found the perfect shoes for my dress for my niece's wedding...Totes spoiling myself this wk! Lol
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Oh...related NSV...I can now wear heels again without my knees hurting!
  • NicholeAJ
    Options
    Monday's QOTD:

Is there a famous person (with a realistic body type similar to yours) who's body you use as inspiration?

khloe kardashian :)

Tuesday:
    I would say my face as it is now, it's thin but not too thin. When it gets any smaller it makes me look older! yuck!
  • klyvers512
    klyvers512 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wednesday! YAY!
    QOTD: In what ways has MFP helped you lose weight? Is it the motivation of strangers (some of which became friendships!), food trackers...Is there anything you wish MFP could/would do that it doesn't now?
    (an no, I don't work for them...lol)

I love motivation I get from the ladies! I've not met anyone who isn't supportive and helpful, but then again, I don't get out and about on the site either.

What I wish I could change: I'm not a huge fan of how the reports are set up, but there may be a trick to it I don't know about yet.
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    wednesday QOTD - sorry I'm all about MFP today so here I am again LOL - procrastinating from cleaning the floors LOL!!!

MFP has helped me the most in solving my rule of tracking everything that goes into my body. the site is easy to use and very helpful, only recently have I started participating in forums and this is my first challenge and I have met so many wonderful people WHAT A GREAT BONUS!!!

I'd change that you could copy meals from other members (i.e. if I put my dinner in, my hubs should be able to come to my profile and copy it to his) Also Id like to be able to message more than one person at a time.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    My fitness pal has helped me with motivation. The success stories especially. It's a if they can do it I can do it type of motivation. It has also helped me to realize what I do wrong. Like last week I had gained 3 pounds from the prior week and then this Monday I gained another 2 pounds from Friday. Obviously I was freaking out. And the wonderful wonderful people here told me I was consuming WAYYYY to much sodium. I was never aware of how much sodium effected our diet and sure enough they were right I am now dropping weight again. And I tossed all the frozen dinners. And am ecstatic to be on the right track again. One thing I think could make this site better is a notification system. A notification if someone wrote on your wall, replied to your comment on their wall, or replied to you on a forum. That would make this site perfect.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    And to the other question I treated myself Monday with a pedicure. Tuesday I was going to have a nice long milk bath but a friend came over with junk so I considered that my treat. And tonight I am going to the movies to see Contagion since I hear Abduction was horrible. And I pre-made chocolate frozen yogurt with strawberries and banana so I can snack their while resisting temptation. I have a mild addiction to pop so I bought the soda stream and I'll take that with me too.
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    ok this IS NOT the QOTD but I'm just curious - hows the challenge going? What types of rewards are you giving yourself?
    Well I treat myself EVERYDAY to daytime talk shows when my baby takes her nap :laugh: (Im hooked on Dr Phil and Anderson). Plus I bought a bag of candy corn Sunday. So between my shows, my candy (portioned out to 150 calories or nothing!!!) and my Kindle, I'm treating myself good lol
    QOTD: In what ways has MFP helped you lose weight? Is it the motivation of strangers (some of which became friendships!), food trackers...Is there anything you wish MFP could/would do that it doesn't now?
    Well I've got some darn good friends on here who are committed to kicking *kitten* everyday and make me feel guilty when I slack off. So it makes me feel like I gotta keep up (in a good, motivating way!) As far as changes on MFP, the only thing I can think of is to email multiple members at once. It would be easier to harass you all to weigh in or tell you of a new thread, etc if I could send emails to 40 of you at once :laugh:
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    QOTD: In what ways has MFP helped you lose weight?

It has helped me to stay accountable to MYSELF! .. Something I have had trouble with in the past.