Virtual rides are coded as “aerobics”

Zwift rides uploaded to Strava are tagged as Virtual rides on Strava, but when synced to MFP they are tagged as Aerobics, General. Can this at least be changed to Virtual Ride? There doesn’t seem to be anyway for me to change it. Both these platforms are pretty popular and should be handled better by MFP.

Best Answers

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,468 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    It's pretty common for there to be some funkiness when you're syncing data across multiple platforms. Unfortunately we just receive the data we are given from our partner apps, so there isn't much we can do on this front. I would recommend contacting either Zwift or Strava (or both) in regards to why that data is being sent out that way.
  • chuckw130
    chuckw130 Posts: 4 Member
    Answer ✓
    I’ll contact them.

Answers

• chuckw130
    chuckw130 Posts: 4 Member
    Looking at the FIT file "Zwift_Devedeset_in_Yorkshire.fit" from today, which is what I assume you get from Strava and the "sport" field says "cycling" and the "sub_sport" field says virtual activity. Don't know if the dat you get it in the .fit format.
    I looked at a road ride I did (Afternoon_Ride.fit) and again the "sport" field was "cycling" and the sub_sport was "generic". That ride in your app was coded at "bicycling, 14-16 mph, vigorous (cycling, biking, bike riding)" so it seems like you could also code virtual rides with similar information. Zwift is pretty popular these days and it seems like it would be helpful to code Zwift rides as virtual cycling.
    I tried to attach the FIT files but I couldn't upload the files using the Attach File option.

Thank you