Trimming tummy

Options
Hey guys i know you can't make drastic changes in one week but i was just wondering what is the quickest way to reduce stomach size (get it bit flatter) maybe some stop bloating tips?

Help needed thanks :)

Replies

• vodkaswigger
    Options
    wouldnt mind hearing some ideas on this one myself x
  • stardust72
    Options
    Hey guys i know you can't make drastic changes in one week but i was just wondering what is the quickest way to reduce stomach size (get it bit flatter) maybe some stop bloating tips?

I'd like to know the answer to that too,i find that in the evening my stomach is actually quite bloated compared to the morning.
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Water, water, water, water, WATER!
  • stardust72
    Options
    Oops reposted twice sorry

I'd like to know the answer to that too,i find that in the evening my stomach is actually quite bloated compared to the morning.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    you cant spot reduce but the 30 day shred does wonders! also, drink a lot of waters and get lots of potassium (:
  • davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the very simple answer is that you can't.
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    ive found that having just one freshly made juice a day does wonders!! it takes a while to get used to it but it worked for me!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    The only way is to reduce all over. Eat 'clean' and exercise regularly.
  • rhiannonrees134
    Options
    I think cutting down on salt can reduce bloating, also, as another poster said - lots of water! Sit ups may help tone but won't reduce size/fat.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Yes water, water, water and I have found if I put lemon juice in my water, real one, I haven't tried bottled, that I don't get that bloated uncomfortable feeling. I've only been doing it for a few days, but it's been great!
  • cassiopeia1975
    Options
    My tummy is my biggest problem area -- if i put on an ounce thats where is goes..

Upping my water intake & lowering sodium seem to have help reduce the bloating esp at TOM. I drink green tea 3 cups a day which also helps and i try to have a grapefruit every day with breakfast as this also helps boost metabolism and reduces bloating. Cut out alcohol too as much as possible

Crunches/sit ups help tone.

Cardio burns fat --- cant spot reduce -- dont we all wish we could??

Ive lost 11lbs and i now have a waist and my tummy is considerably smaller.
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    healthy eating, cardio and strength training.
    I have Jillian michaels dvd - abs/cardio---I am liking it:) It has helped. It's about a 40 min workout
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    WATER! To stop the bloating, try to keep your sodium intake around 1500 mg a day (recommended daily intake for adults). The sodium levels here on MFP are high and I always find I feel bloated when I eat that much. It makes you retain water so cutting back on the sodium and drinking more water to flush you out should help.
  • BrendaK777
    BrendaK777 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Water and hydrating foods with it. Quickest route and then add some exercises for your body core.
  • richcat22
    Options
    You probably know this but cut salt intake, soda intake, increase fiber and water intake hope this helps :)
  • nmalany
    nmalany Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Check out the Flat Belly Diet....they have a first week anti-bloat diet that tells you which foods to avoid to reduce bloating and gas production. It also has a great "water" recipe with mint, ginger, lemons and cucumbers.....delicious!
  • ennaejay
    Options
    Limit your overall bread-y products. I find I bloat a lot more when I'm getting "too many" carbohydrates (more than 40% for me personally). Eat more lean proteins. Drink lots of water (you'll hear this all day).

It's not very easy to "spot reduce" but you can trim your overall body fat by doing cardio training, just get your heart rate up, whether it's jumping rope, jogging, or something that makes you work.

Strength training will also reduce body fat all over, which will affect your tummy.

Jillian michaels has a 6-week 6-pack DVD that is very challenging, she uses cardio intervals with strength to tone your tummy. I like them a lot and have seen good results, without even doing them daily.

I WISH we could spot-reduce. My tummy is always the last thing to go and the first place I gain, unfortunately. Stick with it :smile:
  • SamHughes15
    SamHughes15 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have started having a cup of herbal tea (lemon and ginger) in the morning and night and eating less carbs. I already drink alot of water and do cardio 5 times a week so i might just try upping it a bit more and see what happens :)

Thanks everyone!
  • angelinerstetzko
    Options
    This is what I'm doing to de-bloat ...and it's working great!

Jillian Michaels recipe for losing 5 pounds in 7 days...

Get 60 ounces of distilled or pure water and...
    Add a tablespoon of sugar free cranberry juice and...
    Add 1 dandelion root tea bag and...
    Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and...
    You Drink the 60 ounces every day for 7 days and...
    This recipe works because it helps flush out excess water weight you have carrying around in your body and...
    You could lose more than 5 pounds in 7 days depending on how much excess water weight you're carrying around
    (http://www.nowloss.com/jillian-michaels-lose-5-pounds-in-7-days-diet-drink.htm)

Also to everyone out there - add me as a friend :) I'm friendly! and supportive!
  • angelinerstetzko
    Options
    Might I add - I'm not really losing pounds, because I don't have much less to lose, but it is helping me to feel healthy, to get my daily water intake in, and to avoid bloating! Plus - if you add a little stevia in, it's like cranberry lemonade!