Restarting after Baby #2 :)

Options
Hey everyone, re introducing myself. My name is Courtnie, I am 31 years old from Canada. I have 2 kids, a 9 year old and a 2 week old. I am restarting my journey. I started off this year at 265 pounds, at the last stretch of my pregnancy I was at 278 pounds, with diet-controlled gestational diabetes (Really helped me learn some things and how to mange myself.) So now 2 weeks after having my baby I am currently sitting at 255 pounds! My goal to the end of the year is to lose at least 10 more pounds, but my ultimate goal is to get to 145 pounds. I know that is still big for my height (5'1) but it seems like a good point for myself! I would love to have some like minded people to be on the journey with. I am also a bit of a nerd and I love love love a good book.

Replies

• MamaBear5445
    MamaBear5445 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on having your baby! 9m post partum & on minor weight loss journey has cost me a lot of milk supply. Be mindful if you are a nursing mother. Best of luck on your journey!
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I think diets and workouts this close to having delivered is a discussion for your doctor. Physically you've been through a lot and you probably want to add the physical/hormonal stress of weight loss pretty judiciously at this point.
  • Pokemom33
    Pokemom33 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »
    I think diets and workouts this close to having delivered is a discussion for your doctor. Physically you've been through a lot and you probably want to add the physical/hormonal stress of weight loss pretty judiciously at this point.

I honestly haven't been doing anything much different from when I was pregnant. . Apart from small walks up and down my street which the Dr said was fine. I'm not one for big work outs or anything I'm just on a healthier me journey :)