left-over calories

Options
At the end of the day, when you have calories left over, is it better to indulge yourself so you don't feel like you're dieting (ice cream sandwich.... some candy) or do you prefer to go for healthy snack... fruit, yogurt??? Right now I indulge myself.

Replies

• Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I keep some low-cal cookies in my pantry for this occasion. One cookies is 44cal, so I normally have 2 for dessert - they are delicious and sweet so they feel naughty and desserty. :)
  • mmobsess
    Options
    i say do what you want with them --if you are doing all the right things all day you can have a candy bar if your calories alot it
  • filmfanatic29
    Options
    It depends on the day and how I'm feeling. I try to go for fruit and veggies (carrots with fat free ranch, mmhmm) but sometimes chocolate can't be denied. I try not to make a habit of going for the junk food but once in a while it's okay :)
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I think it depends. When you indulge in calories and sweets, it gets down to the quality of the calorie than the quantity of the calorie. Though rare, I do it from time to time (no candy, but maybe an extra serving of chips or something). Generally I'll just have an extra serving of whatever I'm already eating, which is decent. Just be careful because it could creep on you and perhaps cause you to slip back into some habits you would rather not revisit! Good luck and keep trucking!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I indulge. A bit too much lately I need to pull back a bit.
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    if what you are currently doing is working for you, STICK WITH IT! Folks get tripped up wanting to change/perfect their already great plans. If you find yourself hitting a plateau later, you can reassess at that time. :)
  • princessthecat22
    princessthecat22 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I indulge in 100 calorie packs of shortbread crisps and/or hot cocoa :)
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I use mine for beer...........
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I have a Skinny Cow ice cream bar--100 calories (some flavors are 110 calories). It satisfies my sweets craving. I love ice cream, but I tend to go overboard when I scoop ice cream (sorry, 1/2 cup of ice cream is just not much!). The bars are pre-measured, so I can't "fudge it"!
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    after logging last nights exercise, I had plenty of calorie allowance left - but I cant sleep if I eat too late. So I'm stuck for what to do myself. :S
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Left over calories? What are those?
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I use mine for beer...........
    well that too!
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    about once a week i will take the ice cream route (skinny cow mint sandwich) but any other days i will choose healthy. just for me, i would rather continue to make healthy choices rather than reach for candy/chips, etc. because i know myself - i will start to manipulate things to where i ALWAYS have left-over calories and end up eating Reese's every night!!!! :smile:
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmm........................cheese. Especially if i'm short on protein and/or fat.
  • smchic2012
    smchic2012 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I usually have to just let my unused calories go because if I used them at night I feel like I've ruined everything I did all day. Usually if I'm naughty and eat something sinful I try to do it around lunch time so that I have all day to burn it off and flush it away with several glasses of water.
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    I find Edy's fruit bars to be delicious. http://www.edys.com/brand/fruitbars/flavorlisting.asp?b=136

If I'm craving chocolate I will have some Dove Promises Almond Dark Chocolate.
    http://www.dovechocolate.com/Product/Detail?p_id=13

Not for the inspirational message inside but because they are really good and the size is perfect.
  • blarics11
    Options
    I indulge in 100 calorie packs of shortbread crisps and/or hot cocoa :)

I love the hot cocoa!!