Hello!!!

Options
My name is Madeleine, and I’m not necessarily new to MFP, but this time I’m serious. And I’ve said that like 50 times, but this time is real. I’m currently on my way back home from vacation. I went to NYC, and I’ve wanted to live there for a while. I’m only 18 so I do have time but I realized with all the walking and running around the city, I am not in good enough shape for that kind of lifestyle. I want to feel better in my own skin and make a better future for myself. I also have tons of allergies, so my diet is actually already pretty restricted. Well it’s supposed to be. I don’t really avoid my allergens but on this path I’m planning too. I used to have this goal of just being skinny and looking nice, but this time I’m prioritizing my health and how I feel over how I look.

Sorry if this was long and weird lol but I’m just looking for people in a similar situation so we can motivate each other and help each other out!!

Replies

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Hey Maddy

Just some input and thoughts....

You are young and still figuring out who you want to be in life. Do you. If you want to feel better in your own skin, do it the way that works for you, and don't let the influence of others take over. I've known people who look out of shape but are fit, happy, and confident. And I've known people that look in shape and won't walk a block if they have a choice. I think you are making a wise choice in putting a priority on your health and how you feel over how you look.

As for the allergies, that can be tricky, but post them up in a thread and often you will get suggestions for new ideas. My daughter deals with GERD so has a fairly restricted diet, so I can at least understand your situation. Also keep in mind that you don't want to limit your resources to just people in a similar situation, though you might connect with them better they might not have much good help as compared to others. As an example, a really good or great cook/chef could probably give you tons of ideas on good nutrition within your restrictions, even if their age, fitness goals, etc, don't align with yours at all.

As a parting word of advice.... life changes are often hard. They are a process which is often slow and takes hard work to overcome the poor choices we have made in the past. Don't think it will happen overnight. Accept that it can be a long path to walk but is worth it.

Best of luck to you.
  • capgordon6530
    capgordon6530 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hey Maddy don't be sorry about writing about ur self was a good read . Don't stress to.much like Robert said still 18 Wana swap I'd love to be 18 again lol 😆
    All seriousness you will find ur way no doubt and if we can help u on the way then let's do it .
    Wish u every success in ur journey 😊😊