No egg or dairy breakfast ideas?

Options
psmsheriff
psmsheriff Posts: 2 Member
edited November 2023 in Recipes
I am looking for breakfast ideas that have no egg or dairy, bonus for ideas that are high protein!
Thanks
Michele

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,969 Member
    Options
    As much bacon or ham as you care to eat? (Or shrimp, if you aren't wedded to ideas about what constitutes breakfast food.)
  • kbrown1527
    kbrown1527 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is cooked oats sweetened with banana, topped with blueberries and strawberries, and again with chia seeds and hemp hearts… gives it a little nutty flavor. I sometimes like to add cinnamon and cardamom and pour a little unsweetened vanilla almond milk on it too! Delicious.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Steak.
    Seafood
    Chicken
  • henridw2095
    henridw2095 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    -Protein Oats (a variety of oat with higher protein content), I cook mine with water or eat them as overnight oats with plant milk.
    -Scrambled tofu
    -English muffin or toast (Ezekiel bread) with hummus or nut butter.
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    What about avocado tomato and bacon on a toasted vegan bagel, or a smoothie bowl with protein powder stirred in, I also put protein powder in my oats. I like leftover dinner for breakfast too, who says breakfast has to be “breakfast” foods.. 😉
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,928 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats
    Baked oats (sub flax egg in recipes with egg)
    Rice bowl
    Quinoa bowl
    Yogurt and fruit
    Smoothies
    Cottage cheese and fruit
    Meat and potato or sweet potato tacos or burritos
    Meat and potato hash
    Muffins, with or without protein powder
    Pb fit stirred in oats, cottage cheese or yogurt to up flavor and protein

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,623 Member
    Options
    Asian breakfast of noodle soups such as pho. Kippers with tomato on toast.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Literally anything you want. This morning I'm having green chile chicken and potato stew
  • no1racefan2
    no1racefan2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I was egg and dairy free for the last several years. Some of my favorite breakfasts were:
    overnight oats (made with almond milk) warmed in the morning and topped with berries and cinnamon
    chia pudding (made with coconut milk) made overnight and topped in the morning with berries and nuts
    meat/potato/veggie hash--sausage, bacon, or ground beef mixed together with diced sweet potatoes and whatever other veggies were on hand
    protein shakes--almond milk, almond or peanut butter, frozen fruit, and protein powder
    homemade muffins--I'd look for recipes without eggs or dairy, or substitute almond milk or coconut milk and flax instead of eggs
  • Bec_40
    Bec_40 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am dairy free and my favourite breakfast is 15g chia seeds, 100mls of soya milk and then some fruity flavoured dairy free yoghurt and frozen berries. I make jars for each morning of the week so ready to grab and go and they come in at less then 250cals.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,923 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Funny you ask, I had an 8oz striploin with 3 eggs and some veg that had basically no protein but the 8oz striploin has around 60g's and with the eggs around 72g's and just over 600 calories with the eggs and around 450 without. :)
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Beef (or other meat) patties mixed with oats and eggs as the binder. Cook and serve them with eggs.
  • NotGvnUp_EJ
    NotGvnUp_EJ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    1/2 block Ramen noodles drained no seasoning pack, 1 cup boiled brocolli, 1 can albacore tuna, lil oil and garlic powder salt for seasoning.

Bean patty, brown rice, veggies and maybe small piece fish