Hi... three years counting calories and still at my target w

Options
This little website has been helping me for a very long time, and I have logged on every day for the last year. I lost 80lbs [with other diet tools] and was finding it difficult to find a method to keep me on track. I am pleased to say that I have stayed the same weight now for 3 years, and just want to wish all of you good luck with your goals. You can definitely do it, and with MyFitnessPal and the community here, you will maintain it :smile:

Replies

• darconnor
    darconnor Posts: 49
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation! Best wishes on maintaining your healthy YOU!
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! Big HUGE congrats to you! and thanks so much for sharing. I've wondered at times if there were any people on here that stayed on throughout maintenance/maintained for a long while. It's been a huge success so far for me and my mom. We'll both likely be counting cals for life too. Again, congratulations!
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Congrats on maintaining.....3 years is very impressive!

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement & motivation. You are an inspiration! :wink:
  • CHeMoTaCTiC
    CHeMoTaCTiC Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm up to 260 days in a row with this site. I hit my target after 3 months. Every calorie I've eaten or burned has been tracked. It's a part of my life now and I'm glad to say I've held my target weight for 5 months. I treat it as a simple math problem. Calories in. Calories out. Just need to balance the equation and weight/fitness are under control. You really can do it. It's just takes practice and discipline at first. Then it becomes second nature.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Its people like yourself with truly great stories that keep me motivated and inspired to keep doing it day in and day out. Way to Go!
  • michelleengland13
    michelleengland13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats on maintaining your loss... I am a lifer too!
  • CurlyLeslie
    CurlyLeslie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That is awesome - congratulations! Maintenance is the thing I have really struggled with in the past and it's encouraging to hear of others that have lost and maintained over a long duration. ONe of my goals right now is to log on (and record all my food) for 100 days. I'm hoping at that point to set a new goal for the next 100, and continue on and on over a year and past it, too.
  • mrrodriguez
    mrrodriguez Posts: 158
    Options
    Wow. I hope to be where you are in a year or so. Thanks for the inspiration and the kind words. Makes me feel like we are really part of something special in this community. Congratulations.
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much......Congrats to you!!!!
  • CHeMoTaCTiC
    CHeMoTaCTiC Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hit my one year mark today! Now I'm on to years two and three like yourself...
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Great motivational story. That will help me stay on track and get to my goal weight!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Wow...that is awesome! Thank you for the motivation...its only been about 4 wks for me but I am so excited and I now know this is something I can achieve too!
  • spirdione
    spirdione Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is awesome...I am just starting out and hope to say as motivated as you! Thanks!:smile::smile: