Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Calorie Hiding

Options
madisonhaywood564
madisonhaywood564 Posts: 1 Member
Ok so my friend wants to count her protein but she can’t track her calories because it might trigger her eating disorder so one update that would make the app more inclusive of those with eating disorders that are trying to gain muscle would be a feature where you can turn off the calorie view and just look at the macros. It would be really appreciated by a huge community of people.
3 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

Replies

• heycaryn
    heycaryn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love this option! Even if you have to see calories in order to ensure what you're adding is accurate, I would love to not see a daily total of calories, just macros vs goal.
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 756 MFP Staff
    Options
    This is currently a possibility with a Premium subscription. From your Dashboard page, you can set your main card to something other than a calorie view.

Users who upgrade to MyFitnessPal Premium can select from several pre-set dashboard views for the top of their Diary, or may customize the view by selecting up to three nutrients to track, in addition to calories remaining.

To change the dashboard view:
    • Select the (...) on the top right of the diary page (iOS/Android) or Change (Web)

You should have 5 options:
    • Calorie Focus (shows total calories consumed, burned and remaining)
    • Macronutrient Focus (shows carbs, protein, fat and calories remaining)
    • Heart Healthy (shows fat, sodium, cholesterol and calories remaining)
    • Low Carb (shows carbs, sugar, dietary fiber and calories remaining)
    • Custom (select any 3 nutrients to display and calories remaining)

Your selection will not transfer to your diary, so you'll either need to update the Diary dashboard or you can select something different. (Web users will not have a diary dashboard)
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK and have premium but still can't get rid of calories when I'm in the diary page. Can you advise please? They are really unhelpful when only interested in macros. Thanks
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Jean wrote: »
    This is currently a possibility with a Premium subscription. From your Dashboard page, you can set your main card to something other than a calorie view.

Users who upgrade to MyFitnessPal Premium can select from several pre-set dashboard views for the top of their Diary, or may customize the view by selecting up to three nutrients to track, in addition to calories remaining.

To change the dashboard view:
    • Select the (...) on the top right of the diary page (iOS/Android) or Change (Web)

You should have 5 options:
    • Calorie Focus (shows total calories consumed, burned and remaining)
    • Macronutrient Focus (shows carbs, protein, fat and calories remaining)
    • Heart Healthy (shows fat, sodium, cholesterol and calories remaining)
    • Low Carb (shows carbs, sugar, dietary fiber and calories remaining)
    • Custom (select any 3 nutrients to display and calories remaining)

Your selection will not transfer to your diary, so you'll either need to update the Diary dashboard or you can select something different. (Web users will not have a diary dashboard)

Hi. Please see my message re this, thanks
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 756 MFP Staff
    Options
    Blokeypoo wrote: »
    I'm in the UK and have premium but still can't get rid of calories when I'm in the diary page. Can you advise please? They are really unhelpful when only interested in macros. Thanks

Can you please write into our Support Team directly at support@myfitnesspal.com for further help on this?
This discussion has been closed.