Down in Dumps Up in Weight

Options
OMG, I joined 2019 I was 209 lbs... NOW!!!!!244 :'(
I definitely need to kick my *kitten* in gear. I am not surprised because my BF kept telling me I was gaining but I was in denial. I set a goal that I would not eat any junk food starting Nov.1,2023. So on Halloween I ate a bag of kraft caramels, a bag of salt and vinegar hickory sticks(dollarama bag), 2 dairy milk, a peanut butter cup, and 2 bags of licorice pals...
My last junk meal. I weighed myself this past Saturday and will only weigh myself on Saturdays.
I have set goals like this before and have succeeded and failed, mostly the no chocolate no candy goal, but as of today I have not eaten any candy or chocolate or chips since Nov. 1.
My goal is to for the next 3 months not to have any of those poisonous foods. I know its not poison but I really have to buck up and do it,, BECAUSE I know I CAN DO IT!! I quit smoking, I cut way way way down on drinking to only once a month, quit hard drugs, quit being a *kitten*(i think)
I turned 59 in July and I want to make it to 60 <3

Wish me luck and glad to be back
:D Bonnie5000 :p

Replies

• daygirl5000
    daygirl5000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    oops posted wrong category please move if you can :D:#
  • MampyNoMore
    MampyNoMore Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm rooting for you! You will do it! This time of year is so hard, and lots of us tend to just say "Oh well, I'll get serious in the new year!" Well done on getting serious NOW! Imagine how far along you'll be and how great you'll feel a year from now. It's such a struggle, but well worth it.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,164 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @daygirl5000 , if you want your post moved, click on "flag" underneath it, then "report", then click the "other" selection, and put in a note saying this is your post and saying what category you want it moved into. The flag will get the moderators' attention, and they're usually willing to do things like this. (It might take a little time - they're volunteers, and busy! ;) ).
  • Sparkuvu
    Sparkuvu Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Wishing you motivation to get back in the swing and to Just Do It! Been on the back slide myself, and finally moving back the right way. We can do it!
    Maybe it would help to do some deep thought about how you went from your starting to today. Really zero in. And then think, what little things can I change that will prevent me falling back into ________, that I have identified as a cause of my gain. Can I decide to do _____ every time I'm tempted to _______. If head voices are a problem (big one for me--just this time, oh it won't hurt, oh I've already blown it anyway, on & on) plan an answer and stick to it! Hth!
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you can do it! Take it one day at a time.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Slow and steady. It's the holiday season and that can be tough. If you commit to some small sustainable changes you'll do great and as those become habits, you can build on them. And find some time to move every day.
  • ksharrell48
    ksharrell48 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I echo the sentiments of all above. I'm 60 and have bounced all over the scale over the past 30 years but have finally found my groove (I think/hope, lol) All the best to you!!
  • aswanfletcher
    aswanfletcher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • cordalesmom
    cordalesmom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    you can do this!!!
  • antigone414
    antigone414 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You've got this! I do too!
  • september192023
    september192023 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You have already done the hardest part in recognizing it's time for change. Good for you! You also came to MFP seeking support in this change. Let those two facts motivate you into the new year. We are all rooting for you and wish you well in this new adventure - KEEP GOING!
  • MissDork
    MissDork Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i definitely feel you. I ran off the rails during covid, being trapped at home (I'm on immune suppressants) and the man I love got tired of waiting for me and dated someone else. I was so lonely and tired and down on myself. I entered covid at 250 and ended it at 302.

BUT I know that if I just log my calories before I put food in my mouth, it helps me make better choices. I don't forbid anything to myself, just tell myself if it's in budget I can eat it (to be fair, things like chips and dip, I just don't keep in the house because I KNOW 28grams of chips and 2tbs of dip is not where I would stop LOL).

We can do this!
    Progress, not perfection.
    Habit, not motivation.
  • adavidhartmann
    adavidhartmann Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try walking 10l steps each am 1st thing. Health and weight loss may achieve.
  • adavidhartmann
    adavidhartmann Posts: 2 Member
    Options
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!