Hi, I'm auntkaren just joined......

Options
auntkaren
auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
Doctor said loose weight and quit smoking , or else......I thought this would help to talk to others trying to diet as well. Not easy to do in the Winter being in doors. Open to any ideas.:smile:

Replies

• auntkaren
    Options
    Doctor said loose weight and quit smoking , or else......I thought this would help to talk to others trying to diet as well. Not easy to do in the Winter being in doors. Open to any ideas.:smile:
  • auntkaren
    Options
    I am also diebetic if there is anyone that can share their food plan for the day I would appreciate it.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! There is a lot of great info here and a lot of helpful, supportive people! Lots of different exercise suggestions available - check out the fitness section. Do you have cable? with OnDemand? If you do under sports there is ExerciseTV with a lot of different exercise programs. Under Studio Beginner there is a great one I use called Strong & Graceful - 20 min. cardio at a reasonable pace. Took a couple of days to get in the rythm, but it is a little easier than some! Good luck finding something you can do regularly and enjoy the journey!
  • AndreaMMil
    Options
    welcome, and lose the smokes! you can do it! this is a great site and people are really supportive. if you need to replace the cigarettes with something... this site can be pretty addictive! good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    Options
    Thanks for the reply , but I don't have those stations......With my back problems I don't get to spunky in the exercise department.......more like walks , and a little lay on the floor and do a few kicks and scrunchies.:happy:
  • auntkaren
    Options
    Thanks , nice to meet you.:happy:
  • garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options
    Walking is great. try to walk a little bit more each week.
    And I bet after you change your diet to healthy foods you will not be diebetic.
  • auntkaren
    Options
    Thanks, I know I have my work cut out for me, As soon as we see the ground again from all this snow I'll be able to walk more. It would be wonderful if the diebeties goes away.:flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!