I BINGED LAST NIGHT, FEELING CRUMBY!

Options
I feel like a failure today. I binged on 5 slices of WHITE bread with NUTELLA last night. I was like sleep eating, it was horrible. I was on automatic pilot. Although if I look on the bright side, I didn't eat ALL the BREAD, like I would have in the past. Nor did I eat EVERYTHING in my fridge. I'm still not too proud or happy with myself. :0( :cry: :cry: :cry:

Replies

• jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Dust yourself off--today is a new day!
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Im a night eater too! I just cant help it. I have an infant daughter who wakes up to eat several times a night and when she eats so do I. I am trying to get it under control but its hard to reason with a sleep deprived hungry momma.....There is always tonight to do better, Good Luck!
  • Legalchica
    Options
    Let it go!! If you dwell on it you will feel crappy and want to eat again. Its done its over. Move on and reset! You can get back on track!
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    It happens, but it'll get much easier to both avoid and deal with as time goes on.
    For now, though, move on. Today's a new day.
  • sweets2001
    Options
    Put it behind and move on! Today's a new day!
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Happens to the best of us! (Papa Johns last night, I know....) Each meal is a new meal, and every day is a new day! Get right back on that horse and it'll all be ok :)
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    That is the GREAT thing about MFP, Everyday is a CLEAN slate!! all your numbers are in green. Don't consider it a failure, consider it a celebration for doing so great, then move on to TODAY!.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    We all do it! Don't worry about. Start off new today.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    eat lighter today and get in some extra exercise, we all do it!
  • jesigiro
    Options
    We all do it!
    i had half a packet of jaffa cakes and two packets of wotsits yesterday, just need to get back on it
    :wink:
  • Charrah
    Options
    I am really sorry to hear you are struggling but so proud that you told everyone that! You didn't have to but instead you took responsibility, now you need to accept it happened and carry on. It won't screw anything up, occasional slip ups happen.
    You can do it!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself! :flowerforyou: My momma always liked the quote (and I don't know who to attribute it to) "The past is gone forget it. Tomorrow is not promised. Today is here, USE IT!" It's a brand new day!
    btw, I always had trouble forgiving myself, which led to problems believing in myself, which led to me giving up. Don't fall into that trap!
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say, compared to one of mine, that's NOTHING!!! And last night was no exception, so I know exactly how you're feeling, though you can at least feel better that you stopped. I can't. But everyone's right, today's a new day...we'll both just need to dust ourselves off...
  • Papa_Swearingen
    Papa_Swearingen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    OMG I had a terrible last weekend for calories, and felt horrible yesterday. Here are my do's and don'ts the following day...

- DON'T beat yourself up or let it depress you, this could lead to more failures, get back on the wagon ASAP
    - DON'T try to make up for the calories today, it just swings your appetite and you may end up binging the next day, need to regulate the appetite
    - If you're feeling bloaty, take lots of fiber supplement to get the plumbing moving and drink lots of water
    - Plan a really healthy dinner, for instance I made turkey burgers last night with all the delicious veggie toppings on multi-grain bread.
    - Don't go crazy with exercise, maybe a brisk walk for 30-60 minutes after your healthy dinner.

The next time you are ready to house the loaf of bread think about 'why you are craving' bread. Are you getting enough carbs/sugars throughout the day? Usually when I am craving something its because it has 'something' that my body is asking for. Realizing that helps me to regulate what and how much. Maybe put most of your carbs in the morning, this doesn't even have to be bread, I think milk is a much better choice. I've always read eating your carbs in the morning curbs late night cravings.

Yes, I've had a lot of experience blowing my diet... my last topic post was about this very thing.
  • attcute
    attcute Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    its ok...back to the good eating today...I know I am a night eater too and I know my snack it 320 calories, so i make sure i get my exercise in and burn that extra 320 calories so that when I eat that snack I feel absolutely no guilt!! try it, it works! : ))
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It's a new day. Try a ton of water with lemon. It really helps.
    Also try to eat as healthy as you can today. Lots of veggies.
  • farrellb2
    Options
    just put it behind, if you still feel crappy at the end of the day, go for a walk/run to burn off some frustration
  • bdette73
    bdette73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your encouraging words and advice!!!!!!!! I am so excited to get this day going on the right foot thanks to all of you!!!!!! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: