Jello Pie

Options
kmbrooks15
kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
This recipe makes a nice low cal dessert. You can make it any flavor as long as you can find yogurt and jello in the same flavor.

1 small package of Sugar free Jello (any flavor)
2 6 oz. containers light yogurt (flavor should be the same as Jello)
1 8 oz. container of Cool Whip (I use the regular--the sugar free and low fat versions don't really save much in calories)

Dissolve the Jello in about 1/2 cup of boiling water. After it's dissolved, add the 2 yogurt containers and mix. Add the 8 oz. of Cool Whip and mix (You can do this by hand, but I like to use my little hand mixer--it gives it a smoother texture).

You can put this in a graham cracker pie crust, but that adds 110 calories per slice. I just put the filling part in a cups and enjoy it like a mousse. It's only about 70 calories without the crust, 180 with the crust. I've made this in orange, strawberry, and cherry; my sister made a raspberry, and my mom has made it lemon and key lime. It's super easy, and you can do a variety of flavors. You can also top it with fresh fruit if you want to, but I usually don't because the yogurt usually has fruit in it.

Replies

• tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    sounds good I might try it this weekend.
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something I need to try-Thank You!
  • amadapooky76
    Options
    yummy!
  • Jycooper
    Options
    will have to try sounds yummy, thx
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I make something simmilar except I use two plain greek yogurts, and I put it in cupcake tins with a vanilla wafer in the bottom and freeze. YUM!
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    i've made it with orange jello and vanilla yogurt. it tastes like an orange dream-sicle-- soooo yummy. i also pulled off a pomegranate when i was able to locate pomegranate yogurt. :)
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    sounds great and it will be a great desert for the very hot climate i live it....thanks!
  • luvgreen25
    Options
    i've made it with orange jello and vanilla yogurt. it tastes like an orange dream-sicle-- soooo yummy. i also pulled off a pomegranate when i was able to locate pomegranate yogurt. :)

That dreamsicle sounds delicious!!! I'm going to definitely try that one for a change. Thanks.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    You could do a wide variety of mixings with the basic formula! Thanks for the idea!
  • mamatayb
    Options
    Will have to try this weekend. Sounds easy enough for the kids to make. Now...what flavor shall I start with? Decisions, decisions.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    That sounds good!