Filling foods

Options
2»

Replies

• ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Hot tea is my go to when I'm itching to eat but I'm not truly hungary. I'd also suggest making meals out of fresh veggies, the sheer amount of food I can eat for not many calories is impressive because I make massive salads full of a wide variety of veggies, and maybe I'll throw an egg on to. Also, quinoa is filling...
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    When I'm truly hungry, I eat something. But when I feel just snacky, I'll have a cup of coffee or a bowl of chicken broth or a small piece of cheese.

Basically, if the answer to the question, "Am I hungry" is really, "I could eat..."
  • Stormy65
    Stormy65 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Okay,

If you put lemon in your water (fresh or juice) I also use a tad of stevia also. It will help slow the digestive system and keep you fuller longer also! I has helped me tremendously. Cut out the artifical sweetners they will do nothing but make you crave foods. I switched to Stevia and it has helped also!

High fiber and Whole wheat is also GOOD!!!! Just my 2 cents for what it's worth : -).
  • cindyjharper
    cindyjharper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would watch how many eggs you consume do to the cholesterol so try egg beaters there is only 60 calories in a half cup and you can add vegetables and make an Omelet. The best thing to fight hunger is fiber, so eat lots of foods containing fiber, whole grains, beans etc.. I like to make scrambled egg beaters with pinto beans, reduced/non fat cheese, salsa and 2 xtra thin corn tortillas for breakfast low in calories and it will definiatley carry you through to lunch
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    my advice to this is aslo: take up a new hobby. if your hands are busy, that nagging voice is quieter. gardning, knitting, building cabinets - whatever sounds fun to you that you can do at home... cabinetry probably can't be done WITH the kids... but you know what i mean.
  • ashleydeane
    ashleydeane Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    wow So many helpful tips! THANKS I will try my best to adjust my diet to help!
  • MjDavis1981
    MjDavis1981 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i cannot stress enough that you must drink lots and lots of water....sometimes your body will act like it is hungry when it is actually thirsty. i also recommend foods high in protein and fiber. i take a fiber supplement that helps as well.

What supplement do you use? I have the sugar free Fiber Choice tablets, but they seem to give me gas!
  • Tiffanyluvsaaron
    Options
    High Fiber foods....Fruits, veggies, and whole grains! If you make a meal with this taking up 3/4 of the plate you will be satisfied :D