Is my calorie level right for my goals?

Options
I am fairly new to MFP... and really feeling like this could be the "life style change" that will work for me....I just don't want to screw it up.
I started at 189.8 in mid January and I have been weighing 173.6 for the past few days.

I am 63, 5'7" and female.. ... Saturday and Sunday I work at the winery - slightly active; Monday, Wed. and Friday --in front of computer all day for business; Monday and Thursday I try to play golf and walk... usually 4 to 4.5 hours.

I am currently at 1400 calories as my goal intake.... when I golf I have trouble eating back all my calories... but I do eat (or drink wine) more than the 1400.

I think my TDEE is 1655 with my BMR at 1380.... reducing TDEE by 20% puts me at 1324 calories which is less than my BMR...

I would like to lose no more than one pound per week....and no less than .5 of a pound.

My goal is to weigh 140 ...eventually (goal date first two weeks of Jan 2014).

Am I on track? Should I adjust my calories.... I don't want to screw up my metabolism.... done that way too many times already.
Thanks for your help.

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are on the right track to me. You know your numbers and the math and that you should be between your TDEE and BMR. So, kudos, you've got it.
  • peakerqueen
    peakerqueen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thanks... I just don't want to "plateau" or screw up metabolism... I think I'll just bounce around depending on the day and hunger level and "life" trying to stay at 1400-1500 and see what happens
  • peakerqueen
    peakerqueen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    update - I am now 73 - stopped using myfitnesspal, but had gotten down to 148. But now I find myself back up... gained during Covid.... retired now. When I started back on MFP I was 174.8 - this morning 166.8.

2.5 years ago I had an accident and was life-flighted to hospital with head injury (which with recovery, I added back weight with no activity). Now I am back to trying to play golf once or twice a week. Still residual effects. Using this to control calorie intake and get back on track - ideal goal of 145.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    Welcome back :flowerforyou:
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,907 Member
    Options
    Welcome back - best wishes for complete recovery longer term, and for your weight management process!