p90x

Options
Hello I am looking for tips and ways to help me loose weight while doing p90x if u no of any and also want to be friends please add me I'm on here everyday and will help motivate u if needed

Replies

• ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm doing P90X as well as Insanity. I like the results and the program. Glad to talk about ideas with you.
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Eat clean :) You will definitely gain some muscle, but if you're not eating clean, it will look like you are gaining bulk, not toning out. Also, I haven't yet tried this (I'm currently doing Insanity) but I bet it would be really beneficial to do 8 or 9 minutes of High Intense Interval Training (intense cardio with brief breaks...like sprints) just before and then just after your strength training days - that will help burn some of the fat off quicker. Good luck!
  • JennyLJones
    JennyLJones Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm on my 2nd round of P90X! I'll be finishing my first month of it this weekend. I love the program and it has done some really great things for my body. One thing to remember though is you are also building muscle during this workout so your number on the scale may not go down as much as you think it should. Measure yourself. That is the way to see the most results. YOur arms, legs, chest, waist, hips. I measured every body part I could and everything shrank! Except for my arms which are very nicely toned now. I also add extra cardio to my workouts because I had alot of fat to shred. There is a lean version of P90X that has more cardio and less weight training too!
  • JennyLJones
    JennyLJones Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I def have to second the Eat CLEAN! I didnt my first round I just ate what I thought of as Healthy and didn't see the results I thought I'd see. This time I'm doing it right! CLEAN all the way!
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    All men in kilts love P90X!!

I sent you a request...

My results after 30 days are here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/352450-day-31-of-p90x-and-mfp-calorie-tracking-w-pictures

It is a great program, and as everyone else says... it is as much a change in eating habits as exercise...

Good luck!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am doing a third round of p90x. One thing I have learned, you truely need to eat a lot. I was on a 2000 calories diet during my second round and didn't lose anything as I was under eating by about 1000 calories. You need a lot of fuel when you burn 600-1000 calories. I just started my 3rd round on Sunday (after 2 rounds of chalean extreme) and I am at 10.5% body fat. So my tips

1. Eat all your calories (truely understand yoru BMR, & TDEE to get your caloric needs).
    2. Eat clean. Eliminate process foods as much as possible
    3. Keep pushin play
  • tangal88
    Options
    Great program. I have done it a few times. Doing Doubles now. It always gives me the best results of any program.

I did not eat as well on other rounds, and results showed it. I don't eat strictly clean, but do make good food choices most days. However if I need a piece of chocolate, or cookie now and then, I have one. And I have a free day once a week.

I also found, I needed to amp my protein to one gram per lean body weight - which has made a hugh difference in my results. And lift heavy. No Barbie Weights.

I also agree, ignore the scale, as you gain muscle, you will weigh heavy. Use measurements.