Take Me To Your Leader Bean

Options
Greetings humans!
I am a normal bipedal being such as yourself... do not be alarmed.

So's about a year ago i go in for eye surgery and get weighed. Holy Cheese Jihad.. i'm pushing 395. I say 'to hell with that' and start walking my *kitten* off (literally!) I walk 3 miles a day and made it down to 330.
Thanks to a crappy winter i'm back up to 340 but walking daily again. Now to fight the food.

I am type one diabetic (type 2 is for pansies!) and the lantus i take causes weight gain. Go me! Because of my weight i must take more insulin wich in turns causes more weight gain.

So thats my story and why i'm here. So far i like the site a lot.

Yours in pudding,
ERK

Replies

• gothinthebox
    Options
    Greetings humans!
    I am a normal bipedal being such as yourself... do not be alarmed.

So's about a year ago i go in for eye surgery and get weighed. Holy Cheese Jihad.. i'm pushing 395. I say 'to hell with that' and start walking my *kitten* off (literally!) I walk 3 miles a day and made it down to 330.
    Thanks to a crappy winter i'm back up to 340 but walking daily again. Now to fight the food.

I am type one diabetic (type 2 is for pansies!) and the lantus i take causes weight gain. Go me! Because of my weight i must take more insulin wich in turns causes more weight gain.

So thats my story and why i'm here. So far i like the site a lot.

Yours in pudding,
    ERK
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Wow. I think you're going to be a fun one to see around the boards! :laugh: Welcome & good luck to you!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    good luck in your journey!!:drinker:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!:flowerforyou: There are several other diabetics on the site who have seen great success. I know you will also.:smile:
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    :laugh: welcome!

and woot woot on your huge loss already!!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck!
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    welcome.gif

smiley-alien011.gif
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I agree with 3babybeans. I think I am going to like having your around.

Enjoy your Journey,

Signed:

The man in black.....or the black team's man. :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • brandyjan
    brandyjan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    HI ERK! Can't wait to read more from you!