Should I modify my %’s?

Options
It was just automatic. Can someone help me understand what my percentages be? I would like to lose 10lbs, like what’s good for carbs, protein, fiber for weight-loss?

Answers

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,395 Member
    Options
    Hi there, thanks for asking.

The answer is: it's individual. Macros are mainly for satiety and feeling happy with what you eat while calories are for weightloss. However, enough fats are needed in a diet for health and enough protein for muscles. As a carboholic I'd like to add that carbs exist for yumminess :D But seriously, change it to what you think might work for you and try to adhere to it, don't change it and just eat what you like, change it regularly to try different things. It's up to you, really.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    jmdavid616 wrote: »
    It was just automatic. Can someone help me understand what my percentages be? I would like to lose 10lbs, like what’s good for carbs, protein, fiber for weight-loss?

Your macros don't really matter for weight loss directly...calories (energy) are what matter. Macros can potentially have an indirect effect in regards to what kind of macro ratio provides for satiation and what makes you more hungry. This would have to be an experiment on your part as there is no universal answer here.

Also, fiber isn't a macro...it's a subset of carbohydrates (starch, sugar, fiber are subsets of carbohydrates). Fiber is a good thing for general health and most people don't anywhere near the RDA for fiber.