Heart rate Monitor

Options
Hi

I need help/suggestions to buy a heart rate monitor/pedometer. Basically I want to keep track of the calories I burn and count steps.I don't want to buy anything too expensive and neither do i want to waste money over something cheap that doesn't serve the purpose.

So, can someone please recommend a good/reliable brand? Also, I saw online that the ones worn over hips and/or tummy are cheaper..I thought wearing one like a watch would be more convenient. Any experience?

Your help will be much appreciated

Thanks! :)

Replies

• lannlynn
    lannlynn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have to Polar FT4 and I love it. I got it at Amazon for around $60.00. It has helped to keep up with the actual calories burned.
  • lazybis
    lazybis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have to Polar FT4 and I love it. I got it at Amazon for around $60.00. It has helped to keep up with the actual calories burned.

thanks for the suggestion. I'll look for it :)
  • aallen8599
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing..I've been looking at the watch-like kinds too but I've read some bad reviews on them. I also can't afford anything much over $50..
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Bump!
  • lazybis
    lazybis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing..I've been looking at the watch-like kinds too but I've read some bad reviews on them. I also can't afford anything much over $50..

same here.i wouldn't want to spend more than that..because it's not something i'll be using all my life(hopefully!!) hehe