CUPCAKES! COOKIES! CAKE!!

Options
I have an insane sweet tooth and with Halloween upon us, I'm eyeballing that bag of sweeties. Costco size. How do you tame that horrible sweet tooth monster??

Replies

• catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I don't buy them until the day before.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a couple of fun size 8 packs so you don't feel deprived, and don't buy that huge bag until right before Halloween.
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have a strange addiction to candy corn. I have avoided the candy aisle so far and plan to not buy ANY. The kids will just have to trick or treat elsewhere this year. I am not bringing that crap in the house this time.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I can leave the candy bars alone..but my husband eats them if I buy them too soon. Me....I'm starting to really want a hostess cupcake. WHY?????
  • Bugsyzgrl
    Bugsyzgrl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I eat some fruit! I was craving the ice cream in the freezer last night, but opted for a pear instead... almost as satisfying
  • mcosme25
    Options
    Good idea. That has always been my downfall is sweets. I dont quite have a solution so I am gonna watch this post. But usually in general not just around holloween I buy low fat icecream bars, fat free puddings or the Weight Watchers craving. Any of those usually help get over the hump of having sweet withdrawls.
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    get the trail size ..
  • kenrose1
    kenrose1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a bag of sugar free hard candies. Set out 8 of them (about 65 calories worth). Whenever you have that sweet tooth flare up, pop in a candy and drink an ice cold bottle of water with it.
    Presto! The craving disappears.
    Repeat as needed 8 times a day.
  • maysflower
    Options
    I handle my monster a couple of different ways. I will drink a glass of chocolate milk, or eat a bowl of cut strawberries with fat free cool whip, or I will eat 1 and just 1 Lindt chocolate ball. There are also tons of 90 or 100 calorie sweet treats out there. I keep a stock pile at work and home so if a craving hits I have options.

I don't buy Halloween candy until 1 or 2 days before, and only allow myself to eat said candy on Halloween. I make sure that day I get a really good workout in.

Good luck!
  • LoraLuck
    LoraLuck Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Toss some cut up apples in some cinnamon and a dash of sugar (if you want). Then mix in another bowl some oats with a bit of brown sugar and butter. not to much, but enough to make a crumble that will satisfy your craving. If you skip the slightly "naughty" part of the recipe you may find yourself driving to the store to buy the real bad stuff.

Put the apples in a baking dish and sprinkle the crumble on top. bake at 350 until the apples are soft, usually 15 min.

its an easy dish to do in a ramekin, or other small dish for a quick one serving treat.

It may not be candy, but it is a nice fall treat.
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    If I buy Halloween candy, I buy 1 bag for me, 1 bag for the kids...
    So this year, the kids are getting fruit snacks...no candy. I'm sure
    the sugar content is about the same (not to mention the high
    fructose corn syrup), but at least I won't be 'sneaking' out of
    MY mixed bag!
    I'm a sugar addict...I'll admit it!! I LOVE candy! Weening off
    of this stuff is not as bad as the caffeine was, but still!!
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow makes these wafer bars for 110 calories in chocolate or peanut butter. I put them in the fridge and eat them cold and it usually does the trick. That or a fudge bar.
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i would just eat the candy corn. I buy a bag every year. It's my happy place. I would gladly run extra miles or sacrifice food to have it. it's halloween! :)
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    i would just eat the candy corn. I buy a bag every year. It's my happy place. I would gladly run extra miles or sacrifice food to have it. it's halloween! :)

Amen, sister. I plan to buy one bag, measure out whatever a serving is each day and have mah corn!!!
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Toss some cut up apples in some cinnamon and a dash of sugar (if you want). Then mix in another bowl some oats with a bit of brown sugar and butter. not to much, but enough to make a crumble that will satisfy your craving. If you skip the slightly "naughty" part of the recipe you may find yourself driving to the store to buy the real bad stuff.

Put the apples in a baking dish and sprinkle the crumble on top. bake at 350 until the apples are soft, usually 15 min.

its an easy dish to do in a ramekin, or other small dish for a quick one serving treat.

This sounds yummy and very seasonal. I wonder what the calorie count is.
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options

This sounds yummy and very seasonal. I wonder what the calorie count is.
  • jilliankristina
    Options
    Hmm... Well I have tried the bite size only candies and it doesn't work, I usually eat them all! I am a fan of cake and cupcakes. My thing this yr since I am trying to loose so much we ight is to just not buy the stuff. If I do, ill take a serving for myself then take the rest to work. ...
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    I'm goin' with the thought that all this candy will be there next year when I have reached my goal weight...so I will eat it next year! Ha! I will let you know how I do with this!!!!! Also, I buy the candy on the 31st....figured that out years ago when I ate about 6 bags before it was Halloween and had to buy more that day anyway!
  • DecemberWhisper
    Options
    The recipes are most welcome! Thanks! And I'll try the fruit instead of saaaay a yummy Drumstick with a fudge center. <3

I've read in other places that substituting fruit for whatever sweet you want is supposed to help, but... mmm... chocolate! I should stock up on dark chocolate!!! :D