Chia Seed

Options
Recipes needed please.
I saw on the data base for the food posting that there was a Lemon chia seed muffin...Sounds yummy. Anybody use them and have some great recipes that they want to share?

Replies

• clvdandj
    Options
    chia seeds are an amazing superfood. I sprinkle them on just about anything salads, yogurt. They dont have a taste.
  • clburchett
    Options
    I have been sprinkling them on greek yogurt and salads. But I have read where you can use them as an egg substitute.
  • chiawoman
    Options
    There are over 100 free recipes for chia seed on the following link: http://azchia.com/chia_recipes.htm
    On AZCHIA's Facebook page, there is a great recipe for kids, breakfast, etc. for wheat tortilla, bananas, chia and peanut butter and they have posted others there too.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I just recently discovered chia seeds, I love them in tea. I just add a tablespoon after I steep the tea and wait a minute or two. squishy yummy good!!
  • ennaejay
    Options
    i think you can use them like flax seeds, as replacement for oil or butter in cooking, a ratio of 3:1.

i've used them in homemade larabars and hide them in other things. they make me sortof mad because they stick in my molars.
  • ChiaMom
    Options
    I can relate to the seeds getting stuck!! That's why I use the milled (ground) version instead. runningfood.com has it milled. I find that much easier to use.