Did I REALLY just do that?

Options
I have never been a runner. In high school I'd be out "sick" when we were scheduled to run the mile then make it up after school and lie abou the results. Tonight for the first time I ran over 1/2 mile without stopping, gasping for breath, or dying. I only started this fitness journey 27 days ago. It's AMAZING how I've gone from 100% cough potato to a runner...not a great runner, but a runner none the less. Did I REALLY just do that?

Replies

• KristinC4
    Options
    I just want to say WAY TO GO!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you! That must be so encouraging. I just did that for the first time in years last week, and I know it gets easier each time.
  • branflake5
    Options
    keep it up one step at a time and u can get there, before u know it u'll be doing a 5k :)
  • twiztedsista
    Options
    Thanks it is VERY encouraging. The scale has had me down in the dumps for the last two weeks, but my fitness level has me on cloud nine. I "ran" the mile on 14th and barely made it 1/4 of 4 and 3/4 laps that made up the mile. I can't wait to do it again at week 5 and see how my time improved!
  • MelissaSel
    MelissaSel Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to run! Between my bad knees and my obnoxiously huge boobs, I don't think I could run if my life depended on it.
  • jovi20
    jovi20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well done on your great achievement. I used to do 5 miles per day before I got pregnant. At first It was a walk, but then I gradually got to jogging and running, but I must admit its been a while since then and I'm out of shape now, but I know it does get easier the more you do it, so keep at it you are doing fabulous!
  • twiztedsista
    Options
    I would LOVE to run! Between my bad knees and my obnoxiously huge boobs, I don't think I could run if my life depended on it.

I've had 8 surgeries on my left ankle and knee surgery. You'd be surprised what you are capable of :D BTW breast reduction is AWESOME my life is way better now.
  • twiztedsista
    Options
    Well done on your great achievement. I used to do 5 miles per day before I got pregnant. At first It was a walk, but then I gradually got to jogging and running, but I must admit its been a while since then and I'm out of shape now, but I know it does get easier the more you do it, so keep at it you are doing fabulous!

I was 80lbs lighter before my girls, and DEFINITELY not in shape, but I'm getting there for them. I can't wait to see you getting back to where you want to be!